Chapter 26

Chapter 26 - Realisations

I walked backstage after what just happened with the biggest smile on my face. I hadn't felt this way in the longest time, it just felt right being me again. 

The looks on their faces were priceless!

I walked with confidence back to my locker room, the stares backstage inevitable, but I didn't care. I did what I had to do, made it personal, then walked away satisfied.

Arrive. Fuck shit up. Leave.

As I got changed to leave, my phone went off. It played Stone Cold's entrance song and a chill ran down my spine hearing the sound of the shattering glass. Seeing the caller ID, I smiled.

'John, hey!'

'Hey! You wanna catch up?'

'Yeah sure, drinks at mine?'

'In half an hour, sounds good.'

'Okay, bye Em.'

'Bye!'

Smiling, I threw my cardigan over the dress I was wearing and quickly put my heels on as I swung my bag over my shoulder. I was so excited now.

'Emily!'

I turned around and saw Orton running after me.

'Hey, what's up?'

'We need to talk...'

'What do you mean?'

'Punk is going absolutely insane!'

I groaned. Seriously? Did I really need this?

'Put this in my car and meet John in my hotel room. I'm supposed to have drinks with him but knowing Punk it'll take longer than anyone knows.'

Nodding, Randy ran off in the other direction while the sound of my heels consumed the hallway on my way to Punk's locker room. Nerves started to churn in my stomach as I approached the room, it would be the first real confrontation we've had in a while.

Just as I approached his door, I stopped just in time as a chair came flying out of the doorframe. Catching my breath, I quickly peaked my head in the room. Punk was sitting on the floor, his arms around his knees, his head buried in his arms. It was eerily silent and I watched as his shoulders shook.

My heart began to break. I knew he was crying. I slowly walked in, sitting by Punk. For a while I didn't know what to say or do, I just sat there next to him listening to him cry.  

It didn't take me long before a tear escaped my eye, this was just as heartbreaking for me as it seemed to be for him.

'Phil?'

He stopped crying, lifting his head up to find where the voice came from. His eyes widened when they came in contact with mine. He went to say something, but instead got up and looked away from me.

Hurt was an understatement.

'Phil, are you okay?'

He remained silent.

I got up and stood behind him. I placed my hand on his shoulder. It sat there for a while as Punk sniffed and sighed heavily. He then shoved my hand away and turned around, anger on his face.

'This is all your fault!'

I was shocked. 'Me?!'

'Yes you! You kissed John, right in my face!'

'Why would you even fucking care? YOU left ME.'

'That's not the fucking point, the point is that everyone you do is driving me insane!'