Chapter 22

Chapter 22 - Elimination Chamber... Hardcore Diva Style

'Today's the day.'

I rolled over in my hotel bed, stretching as I suddenly cringed at the thought of what my day what full of. The press conference for tonight, then the match I've been waiting for; the Elimination Chamber tonight. 

I felt ready for absolutely anything that was going to be thrown my way, however even with my focus my thoughts were always somewhere else... 

It had been 6 days since everything with Punk, Orton and especially Cena. It was days like these that I would wake up and wonder why I let everything going on with them consume my life and distract me from all my priorities, my dreams, my career. It was days like these where I sometimes wished I was the new kid again, fresh out of NXT and no problems whatsoever except for trying to win the title and my only concern being injuries and my next opponent. 

But I guess... things change right? It can't always stay the same. 

Bouncing out of bed, I walked over to the treadmill that so happened to be in my hotel room. Turning on the TV, I inserted last year's Elimination Chamber match into the DVD player, to try and get some tips as I ran as far as I could, trying to inject some pain into me before I would endure 10 times the amount tonight. Not only did I run in preparation for tonight, running always helped clear my head. It helped me choose in that very moment what was most important to me, and I would come away feeling the burn so much better mentally. 

And that's what I wanted; I wanted to be focused on beating the shit out of my enemies, and winning that title. I didn't need a man to be by my side as a dedication or moral support, I had me. That's all I needed. I watched as Punk completely decimated those in the chamber, as well as Beth beat Tamina retaining her title. I then watched as John Cena and Kane fought in an Ambulance Match. I ran faster throughout this match, feeling everything return from the other day, and I didn't want to lose the focus I had. John hadn't spoken to me since that day, and nor did I want to. 

Quickly switching off the TV, I ran a little more, stopping 10 minutes later. With the sweat dripping down my face and back, I felt as focused as ever. I was going to completely decimate the 5 diva's in the Chamber and win my title back. Having a quick shower, I wrapped a towel around my mid section as I went through my luggage to find the perfect outfit for today's press conference. I decided to pick out a skin tight silver dress with a low backline. It had a sweetheart neckline in the front showing a little cleavage, giving it a classy look. I paired the dress with my silver pumps and my silver necklace my mum got me for Christmas, as well as the ring my dad got me going into NXT almost a year ago. 

Fixing my hair up so that it was half up, half down, I allowed some of it to cascade down my left shoulder, adding a little bling to my ears. Applying a little bit of silver onto my eyes, I completed my look and stared into the mirror, agreeing with the person behind me that I looked good. Hang on, wait?!

'What are you doing here?' I asked the man. It was the smaller one of the group, the brains. He was dressed in black once again. I felt nerves in my stomach make me nauseous, but they settled when I realised he came here alone, and that I was (in more ways than none surprisingly) safe. 

'Well... I came to give you something, but it seems I can just in time for a show.' He looked me up and down, a throaty chuckle filling the room making me want to slap him. 

'You're pathetic.'

'Am I now?'

'Yes you are, now state your business and leave my room.' 

'Nope.' 

'Why not?'

'I was enjoying this.'