Chapter 16

Chapter 16 - Walking On Eggshells (Phil's POV)

I watched as Eve absolutely decimated Kaitlin in their match, and I cringed a little as Eve accidentally landed a fist to Kaitlin's nose.

My eyes then glanced from the TV to the emerging Diva's walking by, but I only had my eye for one particular diva; Emily. She walked by me and winked in my direction, smirking slightly before she walked off with Natalya and AJ. I was so busy watching Emily walk away that I hadn't realised Eve had pinned Kaitlin for the win and I was about to walk out for my promo.

'Paul...?' I had to say something.

'Yeah?'

'I feel like I'll be walking on eggshells with this storyline. It's going to ruin so many relationships, especially the one between the three of us... and because each guy right now has a tie to Emily, I have a gut instinct she will definitely get involved, which puts me in such a position that it scares the shit out of me.'

'I know Phil... but that's how Vince wants it, we can't do much except for play the cards we're dealt.'

'But you know me, I don't do that. I do the complete opposite. I'm sure I could say something to piss him off again and turn the direction from my storyline to what I said to protect everyone potentially involved.'

'Phil, we've done everything we could. This is something we just have to ride out. Even with the tie between you three and Emily there is no guarantee she'll get involved...' I scoffed at that, knowing too well that someone will spark the personal side of this storyline around the connection, whether or not Emily wanted it that way. Sighing I shook my head, hearing my music play from the outside. I hobbled ot the curtain with Paul in follow and we walked, me instantly switching to my heel character.

Paul held my championship up high as he walked behind me, me strutting (but hobbling) to the ring. Gesturing for a microphone, I stood tall and true in the ring, staring down at the audience who loved to hate me, making me smile internally that I was genuinely satisfied with my heel character, but then again, I'm as more of a real life heel as any guy is in the back.

'I'm the best in the world.' The audience instantly booed.

'Boo all you want, but I am your WWE Champion, and I have been now for over 400 days so I deserve some respect, whether you love or you hate me.' More boo's, awesome I thought to myself.

'You know what... I'm done with all this respect stuff, you're going to have to give it to me sometime soon, so I may as well save my breath for something important. Something important like who's next in line for the WWE Championship. I've beaten everyone in the back; The Rock, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, even Brodus Clay. No can can beat me, no one can touch me!'

I turned to Paul who smiled and nodded his head to continue.

'You know what? I'll put the open challenge out. Anyone who wants a shot at the title, I'll calling you out.' I waited, staring at the curtain, feeling my heart rate intensify a little bit. The bells and whistles of John Cena's rap entrance started playing and I laughed half heartedly, watching as he burst onto the scene like he always did, sprinting to the ring grabbing a microphone on his way. The music faded and I kept laughing.

'Cena, I've beated you so many times I could be a millionaire if each match cost a dollar, now go back to the locker rooms and make out with AJ some more would you?'

'As sarcastically great that sounds, AJ is too busy with Mr. Ziggy Crap himself to even acknowledge my existence. And besides, you asked for a challenge, I'm simply handing one to you in the form of a fruitty pebble platter.'