Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Recipe For Disaster

Getting off the plane in Miami, Florida, the excited feeling I had throughout the flight overshadowed the conflicting sorrow deep in my heart. Being in Miami made the fact that I was going back to what I loved doing sink in even more, and it made me smile. 

'What are you suddenly so happy about?' asked Phil, who had wrapped his arm around my shoulders. 

'Just the fact we're going back to work, it's sinking in. And it feels good.' 

'You were saying you hated it 2 hours ago...?' Phil raised his eyebrow at me, a cheeky grin plastered on his face. 

'Shut up!' I whined, giggling. Sighing, Phil grabbed his suitcases, then mine. 

'You're a funny one Em...' he smirked. 

'You love me,' I replied, emphasizing the O's in love. Phil then lent his head down and pressed his lips to mine briefly. 

'I know I love you.' 

We walked out of the airport where Vince was (surprisingly) waiting. Looking at his full length limo he generally rode in for business, we suddenly felt nervous because of the man sitting inside. The doorman opened the boot, where we put our suitcases. Shutting it, the doorman then opened the car door, gesturing us to go inside. Finding our seat, he cast our eyes on our genius boss. 

'Hey Phil. Hey Emily, nice holiday?' he asked, the tone in his voice seeming like he was hiding something. The grip that Phil had on my hand tightened as soon as Vince spoke. I looked at him, catching his glance. I knew that I gave him the reassuring look I wanted to when I saw the nerves in his eyes soften a little. 

'Yeah, it was Vince, thanks for the time off.' I replied, smiling, hiding the forever rising nerves. 

'Not a problem. Now, let's get onto the subject of why I'm here...' we felt the car move forward, and we knew we were on our way. The fact that Vince was here with us didn't do wonders for my anxiety, which I still suffered slightly from. Neither did it help the depression. 

'Now, you guys are my reigning champions. I want you guys to be apart of a massive storyline that's going to keep everyone hooked on our programming...' I looked at Vince, truly interested in what he had to say. 

'So, what's the storyline about?' Phil asked. 

'Well, it's a surprise. I want to be believable. A legit thing. That way it gives the audience the element of surprise, and you sell what we are trying to get across better.' 

'Okay...' I started, a little nervous at what Vince was suggesting, 'will we be able to get a basic idea?' 

'Well, Emily, you'll be feuding with Kelly and Eve. Phil, you'll be feuding with Cena and Orton.' My eyes widened at his plan, I seriously couldn't believe it. 

'Vince, with all due respect here, how legit do you want to get before it gets problematic for you? I mean, Em here is legitimately fighting with Kelly and Eve, they hate her guts. And I've had my problems with Orton and Cena...' I saw the pleading in Phil's eyes, knowing that what Vince was planning was the recipe for disaster. 

'Well Phil, that's the point, we want to make things so tenseful in the ring, it spills outside. If things get out of control, then that will be different.' 

By this point, I was on the verge of tears. Vince was practically setting me and Phil up for a death sentence. I didn't want to be associated with Kelly and Eve, better yet feud with them. And eventhough Cena and Orton had their problems resolved with me and Phil, the ties we had with them were fragile. One little tear and problems could and would arise again.