Chapter 31 *Part 1*

Chapter 31 - WrestleMania *Part 1*

Returning from the ring, I smiled as I bid Natalya goodbye. I walked with a skip in my step back to my dressing room where I changed back into my white top and jeans. 

'Good match tonight Em!' 

I looked up and saw John at my door. My stomach churned seeing him for the first time in a week, and my mind kinda went blank as to what to say, so stupid me decided to continue packing and pretend like I was giving my best friend the cold shoulder...

'C'mon Em, please forgive me. I just couldn't take it anymore. You needed help but you weren't helping yourself, you were just trying to fix things in the most insane ways and even you'll agree that it wasn't getting anywhere. It was hurting me as a fri-'

'It was hurting you watching me do what I was doing? You don't think it hurt even more for me?! It was my business John, and you tried getting caught up in it even if it meant things would be fucked up, what kind of friend does that?!' Cutting him off, I snapped. He stood shocked at the sudden turn of the tables, and instantly I regretted snapping in the first place. I ran up to Cena and wrapped my arms around him. 

'I'm sorry for snapping, and I'm sorry for everything.' 

'No, Em, don't be sorry. You're right. It was your business and I shouldn't have gotten involved.' Cena wrapped his arms around me tightly and sighing, I smiled a small smile. As mad as I could be with John, he was my best friend. And this week? I needed my best friend. 

'So, you wanna get some food? My shout as more of the apology for being a jerk...' 

'We could pick up some Chinese and take it back to the hotel? Only because my mum's in town for WrestleMania and I gotta keep an eye on her, only because of The Shield and all...' 

John hugged me again. 'Deal.' 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes and maple syrup. The smell attracted me to the kitchen however I was curious as to who it was. 

'Morning!' I smiled in relief as I saw my mum in the kitchen; fry pan in one hand, spatula in the other. I sat up at the bench at my mum plated up two huge pancakes and then proceeded to smothering them in maple syrup. 

'You're either trying to make sure I don't fit into my Hall of Fame dress or you really want me working out in the gym,' I laughed. 

'Neither honey, promise. I just thought a good breakfast before that press conference of yours might be of assistance... and Hall of Fame dress?! Show me!' 

'Not until Hall of Fame night. However you can see the dress I'm wearing today,' I said, putting a mouthful of fluffy pancake in my mouth. Mum then ran into my room and searched my wardrobe (I hoped she wasn't throwing things everywhere like I imagined her too), however lucky for me, she came back out with a disheartened look on her face. 

'You better show me once you have it on girly...' 

I laughed as I stuck my plate into the sink. I passed by mum and kissed her cheek on my way to my bedroom where I started getting ready for the press conference. I was wearing a simple black dress today with cutouts along the bottom. It had short sleeves and as soon as I set my eyes on it, I had instantly fell in love. I matched it with my black heels that were fabricated. I did a simple look makeup wise, and I kept my hair in natural waves. As I checked myself out in the full length mirror, I went over things I could say to promote the event as well as put the stern word out that I would win this Sunday, and there was nothing in my way to stop that.