Chapter 27

Chapter 27 - Everything Is Exposed

I woke up with someone stroking my forehead. Opening my eyes, John sat on the edge of my bed. Smiling a little, I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

'Hey John.'

'Morning, how are you feeling?'

'Okay, I think.'

Stretching, I sighed. My thoughts hasn't changed since last night, despite everything still being a blur in my mind. It all came back to me, and I think I almost rushed to the bathroom to puke up the contents of my stomach considering how quickly the anxiety came on.

'Did you want some breakfast? My shout...?' I smiled at John and nodded. Getting up, I wrapped my arms around him, feeling the love from my best friend. Walking into the bathroom, I turned on the hot water for my shower and watched as John left the room. My shower made me feel ten times better considering the fear of what my day would hold. Scanning my wardrobe, I chose out a pair of blue skinny jeans and a white t-shirt with a pair of black heels to wear. I tied my hair up into a messy bun with fly always giving what seemed like bed hair the elegant look. I applied some makeup and put some jewellery on completing my look.

After half an hour, I walked out to see Cena watching TV. I grabbed my keys and phone and put them in my back pockets.

'You ready Cena?' I asked. Turning around, he leapt up and straightened himself out.

'You look nice, and yep. I'm driving though...'

'Haha, thanks.'

Walking down to the lobby, we were silent. I waved to a few superstars and divas I saw and I could sense the tension. I guess they were scared of what I could do... not the best way to have friends but they'll come around.

Getting into the passenger seat, Cena started the car and drove off. It was Boston, so John knew exactly where he was going. Despite that though, the drive to wherever we were going was silent. I was kinda happy though, it gave me some last minute thinking to do.

Eventually, John pulled up the brakes at diner place, with signs saying 'best in town' so I didn't complain. Taking a seat in one of the booths, I studied the menu, unnoticeably trying to avoid the subject at hand. I ordered ham and cheese crossaint with an orange juice, John ordering some pancakes and a coffee.

'So Em...?'

I looked up at John. Our orders came at that ironic time and suddenly it didn't seem so appealing.

'So John?'

'What's going on in that pretty little head of yours?'

'Well, you know all of it, so why do I need to say anything?' Liar, I thought.

'Emily, I'm serious. What happened last night?'

Sighing, I swallowed some orange juice after eating a mouthful of crossaint.

'Well, Phil kissed me like I said, and everything came flooding back. Enough that for once I felt happy again. It was so confusing that I just couldn't take it, only because of everything that's happened recently.'

John nodded as he listened.

'It's just... since he left, I put up my walls. I didn't want to be anywhere near him, he left me for reasons I thought were excuses. I basically shut out any feeling I had for him, and to convince myself of it all, I almost dated Adam and we got confusing for a while. It's just... yeah.'

John stopped and nodded, looking down at his empty plate before he said anything.

'What you're saying is normal. It's okay to have done this. What I still don't get is that you basically ripped Punk away from you and now that you might have him back, you keep tearing at it. We all know you still love him. It's no secret-'