Chapter 20

Chapter 20 - Thought It Was Done... I Guess Not. 

I think Adam sped to the motel. He wanted to get back so we could finish where we started. My head was in a whirl from everything, I was still breathless.

Adam and I stood in my locker room for a little while as we kissed, and neither of us stopped to give in to moral reality. We were both caught up in the moment, and it's all I needed. Getting out of the car at the motel, Adam sprinted around to my side and opened the door, not before pressing me to the side of the car seductively and gently pressing his lips to mine. Mid kiss he lifted me up bridal style and carried me to our room.

He continuously bumped into things, making me laugh even harder as my arms wrapped around his neck and embraced him. Once he finally got me into the room, he gently placed me on our bed and crawled on top of me, wasting little time pressing his lips to mine again. I smiled into the kiss as for once in the past few weeks I actually felt wanted.

That's right, even with Phil I didn't feel wanted, there was too much ping on for any one of us to want the other, we needed each other... but not anymore, as far as I'm concerned, we became nothing as soon as he mentioned his assumptions, not to mention breaking up with me over text and trashing my locker room.

Absolutely clearing my mind of everything, I focused on kissing Adam, embracing him and giving him everything I knew someone like him deserved. He tasted of spearmint, and his smell of his cologne was intoxicating. The most attractive thing about him right now was those green eyes, and the fact that this was the only man in the entire world at this very moment that I trusted with my life, and that made falling from grace into something that resembled it even better, because he was there to catch me.

********** 5 days later ***********

'Em, it's time to wake up...' I felt Adam's arm around me, and his breath tickled my ear as I opened my eyes and rolled over to meet his eyes.

Pressing my lips to his briefly, I smiled leaning my forehead on his.

'Good morning.'

'How'd you sleep?'

'Good actually. You?'

'I think I slept like a dead person...'

I laughed as Adam bounced out of bed. As I laid here, I took in the scent of his bed. After Salt Lake City, we drove the rest of the way to Toronto, and since then we've just been hanging out at his house and Adam showed me around Toronto. Adam is the sweetest guy ever, and even though nothing is serious, I wouldn't mind it heading in that direction, however I was getting doubts about us, but it was the least of my worries. 

Tonight was Monday Night Raw, the last one before Elimination Chamber; what could be the biggest par per view my career has ever depended on. I needed my title back, I needed it so bad that I was willing to do everything and anything to get it. However, I couldn't get over the dreams I was having about the chamber recently... eventhough I've been so preoccupied with my personal life, my subconscious has stayed as focused as I normally would without any distractions. I've had visions of barbed wire and sledgehammers and chairs and lots of blood, sweat and tears being shed in that ring this Sunday. Call me slightly insane, but it's only what I picture reality to be like. 

'Em, you want some breakfast?' Adam called from the kitchen, I grabbed for my shirt. I walked down the hallway to the sound of fresh toast popping. The smell of thick raisin bread filled the air, the first decent breakfast I've smelt in a good 6 months. A glass of orange juice sat on the table as the TV played in the background. Smiling, I sat in front of the two slices of raisin toast and smiled as I felt the feeling of home come back to me. Adam sat opposite me with the same. The Canadian newspaper sat in front of Adam and he took a bite out of his toast as he read the front page. I sipped orange juice as I watched him from across the table.