Chapter 19

Chapter 19 - Gone Again, This Time For Good.

I have no idea if I passed out or if time just flashed before my eyes because my eyes opened to Adam's arms firmly wrapped around me and my stomach was fuelled with the all too familiar feeling of anxiety.

Sitting right up, I flicked my hair back and sighed, swallowing heavily. I sat for a while and thought of the text I received this morning. I knew who it was from, I just couldn't bare the feeling that came with this.

'Morning Em,' I turned around and watched Adam stretch. A smile appeared on my face as I waved at him, but then I turned back to facing the wall. I didn't know whether I should tell Adam or not, and whilst he stretched, I fought an internal debate. Deciding that it would be for the best, I didn't tell him.

Hugging me from behind, I smiled, turning around a little so I could wrap my arms around his waist.

'How are you?' he asked.

'I'm good, you?'

'Yeah, I'm okay. Who texted early this morning?' I died a little inside as he asked that question, but shook my head anyway.

'Oh, just one of those random "You have won one million rupees!"' I chuckled, getting up and opening the fridge. There was a carton of milk, a Vodka cruiser and two crossaints. Sighing, I checked the best before date on the crossaints and was relieved to find they don't go off for another 3 months.

'Crossaint?' I asked Adam over the fridge. Nodding, he flicked the TV on, where a reply of Monday Night Raw was playing. The Diva's match was on and I took this time to quickly throw some clothes on and get ready. Just as I was walking out of the bathroom, I heard the voice of Cena, then Orton, and my stomach dropped when I heard Phil.

'Well none of you are getting a shot at the title, now I'm done wasting my time here.' Walking towards the TV as I put the crossaints in the oven, I watched as Phil walked off with Paul and his title.

'Punk I'm willing to take any measures to get a title shot... remember that.'

'Oh and I know more than you think.'

I watched as Phil's eyes went from strong to weak as he realised Cena and Orton's messages behind their words. I even think my heart stopped knowing the messages behind their words. I had a really bad feeling I was going to get sucked into something I really didn't want to.

'You okay Em?' I turned to Adam, who was now sitting next to me. I felt myself freak out and I couldn't manage any words. Just as I was about to say something, the bell on the oven went off and I shot up, getting the crossaints out of there. Plating them up, I quickly sat on the bench and began eating, not wanting to further expand the conversation. Adam got up and took a bite out of his crossaint, however being the very persistent best friend he is, he continuously stared at me, seeing if a creepy approach would drag the problem out of me.

As creepy as it was, I was so hellbent on not telling him that I was willing to live through the creepiness.

'Look, Adam, I'll tell you when I'm ready, promise.'

'How will I know if you're ready?' he asked, trying to be smart.

'You'll know.' I said, smiling. Taking the last bite of my crossaint, I walked over to my wrestling suitcase to examine the contents; tape, sharpie, boots, knee and elbow pads, excessive accessories, hair products and makeup and several ring attires in different styles and colours. Scanning the bag, a Gail Kim inspired attire caught my eye. It was baby blue and sparkled. The top was cropped, with cut out fabric on the back and the shorts matched the top, except they were just plain blue. Thinking that this would go nicely with my boots with the blue laces, I nodded in approval, zipping my bag back up.