Chapter 8

Chapter 8 - Time With Adam

Getting to my hotel room, I felt like Andre the Giant was sitting on my shoulders. No matter how much I sighed, allowing enough breath into my lungs I could not relax.

Everything was just shit; I wasn't medically cleared until Monday Night Raw in a couple of days so I couldn't compete, this whole storyline shit with Kelly and Eve was just killing me and on top of that I wasn't getting over Phil one little bit - he was still definitely the first thing I thought of this morning and the last thing I will think about tonight.

'Oh fuck this...' I sighed, dropping my bag on the couch as I sank into the bench chair. The coffee cup that I drank from this morning still sat on the bench and everything just seemed so... quiet. I never thought being without Phil would make me feel so numb and empty, but then again I never EVER fathomed being without Phil for a long, long time.

I then caught a glance of the diamonds on my ring finger, with the amethyst stone planted in the middle. I moved it on my finger and felt tears come to my eyes, remembering the night that Phil proposed to me.

I seriously couldn't believe that everything was perfect only a short 3 weeks ago, and now...

'Everything's shit.' I cried.

Grabbing the cold coffee, I picked it up and put it in the kitchen sink, grabbing the remote to turn on the TV. I just got the last 20 minutes of Friday Night Smackdown, where Sheamus was putting a bounding on Wade Barrett. I decided I would grab the spaghetti from last night and put it on a sandwich with some cheese and BBQ sauce and toast it. As it cooked, I grabbed out my boxer shorts and singlet, getting ready for a shower. The timer then went off in the kitchen and I walked out, plating up my gourmet meal.

As I sat down, tuning into some Modern Family replays, my phone beside me vibrated, telling me I had a text message.

~ Em, hey. What hotel room are you in, I wanna make sure that you're okay... ~

The caller ID told me it was Adam, and I thought back to our confrontation at the arena where he was quite worried about everything that had happened to me.

~ Adam, hey :) Umm... it's room 632. Get the elevator, level 6 and turn right, from there it's easy to find. See you soon? ~

~ Yeah, definitely :) ~

Picking up my empty plate and putting it on the bench, I quickly walked into my room and got into the shower, pumping the hot water steaming up the bathroom. Allowing myself to relax, I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. I then ran my hand across the fogged mirror, allowing myself to see myself through the clear part of the mirror and to be completely honest with you, I nearly broke down seeing the broken women I had become. Sighing, I quickly turned to the clothes on my bed and did a quick change. Just as I was brushing my hair, I heard a knock at my door.

'Come in!' I yelled from my bedroom. I heard the door click as it shut and I walked out to see Adam. Smiling, I walked up to him to hug him, feeling a little better in his arms.

'Hey, how are you Em?'

'Yeah, I'm okay...' I smiled, but the look on Adam's face told me he doubted my certainty. But I mean, who am I kidding? It felt like there was a 100 pound rock in my stomach and a lump the size of a grapefruit in my throat.

'Emily, you don't have to do that around me. You don't have to act all tough when I know and you know all you wanna do is cry until you can't...' Adam soothingly ran his fingers through my hair and as if he sensed it, a tear fell from my eye.

But as they say; one in, all in.

So I stood there and cried into Adam's shoulder as he held me like any big brother would, whispering calming words whenever he could. I remember just sobbing uncontrollably for what felt like forever.