Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - On Top Of The World

I looked down at the white dress that hugged my body. It was the most perfect thing I have ever seen in my entire life. It was THE dress. It was a strapless piece, with a v - cut neck that showed a a bit of cleavage, but enough to make it look classy. It had lace wrapped around it and there was ruffles from my knees down. Kinda like a mermaid dress but without the restriction in the legs. 

It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. 

'Oh, Em!' My mother, Michelle gasped. I was in Chicago for this week, as it was the last week of holidays for me. New Year, new prospects. My sights were set on retaining my title all the way to WrestleMania 29 and defending it in the hugest fashion possible, winning of course. 

'So guys, what do you think?' I looked hopefully at Beth and Nattie, as well as my brother Toby who we dragged along (only because he has a huge crush on Nattie, and I wanted to do some match making). The smile on my face outshined the sun, I just knew in my heart and soul that this dress was the one. My friends Tayla, Deanna, Katerina and Kiara mirrored my expression, giggling loudly and clapping their hands together. 

'Emily Rose Thornton, if you don't get this dress, I think I might kill you,' I laughed at Beth's comment, who also started laughing. 

'And we all know Phil wouldn't like that...' I muttered, but it was loud enough to make Beth and Nattie 'aww'. They still couldn't get over the fact that I called Phil, Phil. It was humorous but annoying too, but I smiled and rolled my eyes as I usually did. 

'Sis, you look amazing.' I glanced at my brother, smiling. 

'Thanks bro. But I don't know when the wedding is, I mean, we haven't set a date because of our upcoming hectic schedules. Which means...' I sighed, looking at myself one last time in the mirror, 'I can't buy this dress, ONLY under the circumstances I'm in.' As much as my mother and the girls disputed, they nodded in defeat. 

'What if you bought the dress, and I kept it home, honey?' I glanced at mum. 

'I wish mum, I really, REALLY do wish, but I don't know when I'll be coming back to Chicago...' I stopped mid-sentence, not allowing tears to form every single time I thought about Chicago and me not being home. Sighing, I willed myself to look back at the beautiful woman in the mirror who was absolutely ecstatic at the position her life on in right at this very moment. 

I was Diva's Champion, well REIGNING Diva's Champion, I've been the champion for 7 months now. 

I had the most loving, supportive and caring family and friends in the world. 

And on top of everything, I was getting married to Phillip Jack Brooks, well, CM Punk. 

Okay, I'm feeling better now. But everyone knew how much I missed home, especially Phil. I think he's lost count of how many times I've fallen asleep crying because I've simply missed home. But as much as I miss home, I love my job more. And I love Phil the most, I better not forget him. 

'Em, you okay?' my friend Tayla asked, it looked like everyone was worried. 

'Yeah sorry, spaced out a little.' I sighed, looking down at my ring, then back at myself. 

'So, what are you gonna do honey?' I turned to my mum and sighed. I then smiled and nodded. 

'Yep, this is the one.' My friends squealed and my mum smiled with so much joy. Smiling myself, I went back into the change rooms, unzipping the dress and changing into my skinny jeans and singlet. I had my black trench coat hung over my arm, as well as the dress on the coat hanger. Quickly slipping my tan boots on, I opened the curtain and joined my friends again.