Chapter 14

Edited

Jack Gilinsky's POV

I'm so glad that I'm partners with JuJu. This will give me more time to spend with her and get to know her better and maybe even convince her to forgive me.

I'll do anything to be her friend. Whatever it takes.

The bell rang and we left last hour. I met up with Collin outside, after school, with Sam and Johnson.

I had the biggest smile on my face. It was all because I get to be partners with Julia and I couldn't wait to tell them.

"You look happier than ever, what'd you do?" Johnson asked.

"Yeah, in lunch you were all sad and depressed and now you're all.. Cheery." Sam said, with his eyebrows furrowed together.

I laughed and said, "Well, it's because I have exciting news. So, you know how in Ms. Wahlers physics class, she assigned partners for a project?" I asked the guys.

They all nodded their head, understanding what I was talking about.

"Well, she assigned me with JuJu! Isn't that great?!" I said, happily.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." Sam said, dumbfounded.

"Wait, how is that great? Won't it just be awkward between you too? Since you bullied her and she didn't exactly forgive you." Collin said.

He's got a point.

"It's great because I'll get to know her better and I might even be able to convince her to forgive me. And you guys are gonna help with it when we throw the party on Saturday." I said, pointing to the boys.

"Okay, I'm up for that." Johnson said.

"I guess I'll help. But, on one condition." Collin said, making the number one with his pointer finger.

"Yeah, what is it?" I said, worriedly. What if he tries to make me do something bad. I know he won't but at the same time I'm not so sure. He continued talking.

"You guys can't mention our plan around her or at school. Only at our houses, or on text. I actually want to be her friend and if she catches our plan, it'll ruin my friendship with her and she won't forgive any of us. She already doesn't trust me."

"Yeah. Okay. I think that's a good idea." I said and nodded my head, playing with my rubber bracelet.

The bracelet is pink and it says #PrayForCaroline. It's a girl that I met at a one direction concert that my ex-girlfriend Kayla made me go to. Caroline has cancer and it just broke my heart seeing her but at the same time, it put a smile on my face. Seeing someone like her be extremely happy and so strong. I could never be as strong as she is. She's inspiring.

I play with that bracelet when I'm nervous. It helps calm me down. It's like my lucky charm.

I can't go anywhere without it. I never take it off. Except for when I'm in the water but that's pretty much it.

I'm kind of nervous about this whole plan. What if it doesn't work? I'll be all excited for nothing and then my heart will literally break if she doesn't forgive me.

It has to work.

We have to be very convincing.

We drove to Johnson's house and walked in his kitchen with a notebook and a pencil.

"Okay guys, we can't just go in there and wing it. We have to have an exact plan. What to do, where we're gonna be, and how we'll contact each other." I said with the pen and paper in my hand.

They nodded their heads in agreement and we started working on the plan.

~~~~~

Once we were finally done we all high-fived each other.

I think this plan might actually work. I thought in my head, with a big smile on my face.

------
I had to put Caroline in here somewhere. #RIPCaroline 👼🙏