Chapter 1

_______________________________________________________

JuJu's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. It's Monday. Ugh. Another week in hell.

My names Julia, a.k.a JuJu. I'm 17 and I go to Westside High School, where I get bullied everyday. I obviously hate it, I mean who wouldn't. The only friend I have is my best friend Hannah and yet, I still haven't told her about the cuts on my arms. The reason I didn't tell her is because I don't want her to worry, so, I just cover them up everyday.

I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to get ready. I brush my long, dark, brown hair and apply mascara. I don't wear that much makeup because I don't have anyone in school to impress, it's not like any of them would like me anyways.

I, then, get my clothes and pick out a vintage, grey, flannel with a white tank top underneath. I throw on light blue, ripped shorts and walk downstairs to get my shoes. I take my light beige Sperry's and put them on my feet. I walk to my living room and grab my backpack and head out the door to my 2013 GMC Terrain Denali SUV that I got for my 16th birthday.

No, I am not spoiled or rich. I got a good job over the past 2 years and I saved up the money to buy my own car.

I step into my SUV and twist the key to start the car.

Once it finally gets started, I drive out of my driveway and head to school.

.........................................................

Once I get to school, I get out of my SUV, quickly, and walk really fast towards my locker. I do this almost everyday so I have a better chance of not getting hit in the morning by a bully.

I walked so fast and was almost at my locker until someone- that came from the corner of the hallway-bumped into me.

"Watch it nerd."

And right away, hearing the sound of that persons voice, I already knew who it was.

I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was.

But, I did anyways.

There stood, Jack Gilinsky.

My biggest bully.

"Um..um..sorry." I said stuttering, not making eye contact with him or looking up at him.

"Yeah you should be you worthless piece of shit. After 1st hour you're going to get it." He said gritting his teeth and walking away, angrily.

Already? I thought in my head.

Why can't they just go one day with out beating me up? What did I ever do to them? I've never done anything wrong.

I put my stuff in my locker then, covered my face with my books, rapidly walking to my first hour, which is English. I sat down in the back seat where I usually sit, and wait for everyone else to come in.

Jack Johnson walked in and immediately sat next to me. I was beginning to get really scared.

One of my bullies was sitting right next to me. You'd think I'm over exaggerating but I'm not. He always sits in the front with the other guys.

Before he started to speak, I shifted uncomfortably, nervous of what was to come.

He then whispered in my ear and said; "I heard you bumped into Gilinsky today." He said, looking at me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I-it was an accident." I said, not turning to look at him, too frightened about what he was going to do next.

"Looks like you're going to get a beating earlier than usual. He hates when people touch him." He sighed, sitting back for a quick second and then, looking back at me. "I'm sorry. Be careful next time." He whispered with sadness and sorrow in his eyes.

He, then, grabbed his books and moved back to his original spot.

I felt like crying because of how terrified I am of walking into this damn school.

Was Johnson actually helping me?

Maybe it was a joke. Maybe someone dared him to be nice to me.

He couldn't have actually felt bad for me. There's no way.

I decided to ignore it and instead, paid attention to the teacher.

Lets hope that Gilinsky forgets what happened this morning.

For my sake.

Fingers crossed...

------

Sorry I'm not that good at this. One of my first times writing. Hope you like it.