Chapter 37

Jack Gilinskys POV

I'm already yours.

Those words kept repeating in my mind. I wanted it to stop. So badly.

I walked into class with Johnson, JuJu and Matt. JuJu and Matt were going to sit next to each other like every other day, until Johnson ran up to the seat next to JuJu before Matt could.

"Johnson, can I please sit next to my girlfriend?" Matt said, with his books to his side.

I looked at Johnson, waiting for his response. What the fuck is he doing?

"Sorry, I just want to talk to her. Can you sit next to Gilinsky for today?" Johnson asked, while taking a seat next to JuJu, who also gave him a weird look.

Matt looked at me, then rolled his eyes.

Not like I wanted to sit next to you either, pretty boy.

"Fine." Then he took a seat next to me without a word. I didn't want it to be awkward between us the whole class time, so I started a conversation with him.

"Uh.. So, you going to Johnson's party this weekend?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm going with JuJu. Are you going with anyone?" He asked with a nicer tone than a second ago.

"No. I'm not really interested in any of the girls here." I lied.

"Oh ok. Well, if you're thinking of going with anyone, there's this new girl in our grade, her name is Alison and she doesn't know that much people, yet. If you could take her then, she can meet more people and you wouldn't be alone. It's a win-win." He said, trying to convince me.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be the only single guy there. Johnson's single." I said, trying to make him shut up about me being lonely. I'm not lonely, I just don't have or want a girlfriend.

Unless it's JuJu.

"Johnson's single but he'll most likely hook up with Camille Harper. She's on the cheer team and they've been flirting for weeks, how have you not noticed?" He asked.

"I had a lot on my mind this week." I said, ignoring his suggestion for me to go with Alison.

"So, are you going to think about it?"

"Yeah, sure." I said, to get him to shut up.

"Great."

Whatever.

_________________________________________________________

Johnson's POV

Once Matt left my side, I turned to JuJu and smiled.

"Hey. What'd you want to talk about?" She asked, smiling back at me.

"You're going to the party right?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'm going with Matt." She smiled.

"Great. How are the two of you?" I asked, curious, for my best friends sake.

"We're great. Things are going really well for us." She said, her smile brightening.

"That's good." I said, not knowing if that was a lie or not.