Chapter 45

JuJu's POV

After school was over I went to the school gym and waited for the boys basketball team to show up.

I waited a couple of minutes, until I saw Johnson and some kid with blackish-brownish hair.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Johnson asked, carrying his blue duffle bag.

"Waiting for Gilinsky. Have you seen him?" I asked.

"He wasn't in the locker room, I think he's skipping practice. Why?" Johnson asked, inquisitively.

"He's acting kind of weird. Before lunch, I said that I wanted to talk about our kiss after school and..." I was cut off.

"Wait. You guys kissed?" Johnson said, astounded.

"Yeah... Long story, but anyways, we were going to talk about it after school and then I think I saw him in the courtyard when I was talking to Matt..." I was then cut off again.

"Wait. You were talking to Matt during lunch? I thought you were with a teacher or something."

"Wait is that the guy that Gilinsky was talking about? The one that cheated on her?" The black haired boy said.

"Yeah, that's him. Who are you?" I asked, a little annoyed that they kept interrupting me.

"I'm Nate." He said, with a head nod.

"Oh okay. Nice to meet you. Anyways..." I tried continuing but Johnson just wouldn't let it happen.

"Why were you with Matt? You aren't getting back together are you? Why did you lie to me and Hannah?" He asked.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know what to do, my emotions are all over the place right now. I just didn't want to cause drama. And, no, we are not getting back together, not in a million years." I said, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms over my chest.

"I was with him because he wanted to apologize and get back together, but I'm not stupid, I'm not going to let him back in my life like that. I agreed to try to be friends with him again just to see how it'll work out." I finished telling them my explanation, and running my fingers through my hair.

"Oh. Sorry, I didn't know you were so stressed. I was just being protective." Johnson said, apologetically.

"It's fine. You don't have to worry about me dating any other guys now because G won't even talk to me!" I said, getting mad and sad at the same time, trying not to burst into flames and at the same time I was trying not to burst into tears from the stress built up inside me.

"Wait, so, you said he was in the courtyard with you?" Johnson asked.

"Yeah, I mean I think it was him. I couldn't catch up to him, so I wasn't exactly sure, but it sure did look like him." I said.

"Well, he had a rose in his hand for you, did you do anything to make him take it back."

"I saw the rose on the floor by the trashcan, but I didn't do anything wrong. I gave Matt a goodbye hug to end our relationship and then Jack just ran off." I said, not knowing why Jack is mad at me.

Nate scoffed, "Well, that's probably why he's mad. He saw you guys hug and thinks you guys are back together. He likes you, so he's probably avoiding you because he thinks you're with Matt."

"Jack likes me?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Well, yeah it's kind of obvious." Nate said, in a harsh way.

"Be nice, he didn't give her many hints that let her know he's into her." Johnson said.

"Oh, sorry." Nate said.