Chapter 4

Edited

JuJu's POV

           Sam walked up to us with one hand behind his back. Obviously, he was holding something but I couldn't see what it was.

     Once he finally reached our table he took the object behind his back and it was a glass of milk. He raised his arm and poured his milk all over my head.

     I gasped and looked at him and then everyone else. The whole lunchroom was laughing except for Hannah. Hannah was furious and was about to stand up for me, until, I stopped her, so, I can stand up for myself.

"That's what you get. Now stop staring at me you ugly, pathetic, bitch." Sam said with an evil smirk on his face.

    I was furious. Something about me changed. I decided I'm done with their bullying and I'm done with their shit.

    Sam turned around about to walk away to his table, but, before he could make it all the way there, I took my lunch and poured all of it on him along with my milk too.

"YOU were staring at ME, you asshole. Stop lying and get your facts straight because I'm done with your shit. And Gilinskys and Johnsons and everyone of you who bullies me," I said pointing to the populars table then, continuing, "I don't care if you guys beat me up after this because once I'm home. I'm done. With all of you." I said confidently, throwing my empty cup of milk at him.

    Sam looked furious and it was as if he were about to hit me. Luckily, the bell rang before he could beat me up in front of everyone. I ran out of the lunchroom avoiding him and the rest of the bullies and decided to go home. I ran out of the school doors and left school early.

    I ran to my car and burst into tears once I got in.

Why does everything bad always happen to me? I thought. What did I ever do to them?

     I put my head on my car steering wheel and continued crying.

When will this ever become easy?

How do I make it all stop?

      That last question got me thinking harder and then it hit me.

     There is an easier way. I've just been avoiding it all this time.

I started my car and drove home.

    It took me 15 minutes to get home from school. I ran up to my door and quickly unlocked it.

    My parents aren't home of course. My dad works all the time, so, I don't spend any time with him. I don't know who my mom is because she left us when I was just a baby.

   I cried again but even more this time, once I thought of all the things I've been through my whole life, I just couldn't take it anymore. This is the only way to escape. I walked in my basement bathroom and got out my phone and a bottle of pills. It's time for me to say goodbye.

    I got out my phone to text Hannah and Nurse Nancy. I had to text the two people that cared about me most before I leave.

My text to Nancy:

"Hi Nancy. This is hard to say but. I'm leaving. I hope you know what I mean by this but, you will later. I want to thank you so much for helping me these past few years. I'm so happy I had someone like you in my life to look after me and to make sure I was safe. You're my family and I'll always love you like a mom. I cant handle the pain I'm going through, it's too much for me. I'll look over you and Hannah and I want you to know that it wasn't your fault that Jimmy died. Don't blame yourself and just be happy. I hope you end up with a beautiful, happy, family and get the job you actually deserve, of being a hospital surgeon. Goodbye for now. I'll be watching."