Chapter 2

__________________________________________

JuJu's POV

Class was finally over and I, hurriedly, ran out of class, towards my locker. I still haven't forgotten that Jack G wants to beat me up for bumping into him today. I'm really hoping he forgot about it.

Even though that dumbass bumped into me, I thought.

I ducked my head down trying to avoid him so, he doesn't see me and I won't get beat up. I walked down the end of the hall, almost in my history class when someone grabbed my arm.

"You didn't think I forgot about this morning did you?" Jack Gilinsky asked.

"I-I forgot." I stuttered, frightened.

He, then, pulled my arm harder and led me towards an empty hallway, pushing me up against the lockers.

"Well, let me remind you. Your clumsy ass bumped into me. You should watch where you're going next time. Maybe then I'd stop bullying you."

No, that's a fucking lie. You douche bags would still beat me up either way. I said in my head, wishing I had the courage to say it out loud.

"What the fuck did you just say?" He asked.

I turned my head, furrowing my eyebrows, saying in my head, "Oh shit did I say that out loud?"

"Yeah you did. You better watch who you're talking to." He spat in my face.

Then, he balled his fists and punched me square in the jaw. I was about to scream in pain but he covered my mouth so no one could hear.

He let me go from the lockers and I dropped to the ground because of how much it hurt. I held my jaw and he looked at me for a second and then started kicking me in my stomach.

I started crying, now holding onto my stomach, kneeling down, face concentrated on the floor. Finally, he stopped after 5 kicks.

"You better have learned your lesson. How about you do me a favor and just die already? No one here likes you anyways." He said, and then, walked away, leaving me stranded, all alone in the hallway...

---------------------------------------------

Once I felt a little better, I walked to the nurses' office. I go here everyday and the nurse is like a mom to me because she cares for me and does everything for me, her name's Nancy. She hates seeing me go through this and when no one was there for me, she would make me feel better.

I walked into the nurses' office and lightly knocked on the side of the door catching her attention. She looked up at me with sorrow in her eyes. My back was bent, one hand on my stomach and one hand holding me up on the door.

"Can I come in?" My voice cracked, trying not to burst into tears.

"Yes, of course sweetie. What happened today? It's not even half the school day and you already got beat up. Who did it this time?" She asked, grabbing my arm lightly, bringing me to lie down on the nurses' bed.

I started to explain to her about what had happened, "This morning I was walking to my locker and Jack Gilinsky bumped into me. He blamed me and said I bumped into him and then beat me up after first hour to 'teach me a lesson'. " I said, making air quotes with my fingers.

I lay down on the bed while she brought over a bag of ice to put on my face and stomach, handing me a cup of water.

"Thank you." I said politely, taking the water from her hands and drinking from it.

"Anything for you sweetheart. It's tough going through this stuff. When I was in high school, there was this kid named Jimmy. He was bullied everyday. I felt so bad but I was too scared to stand up for him. I thought I'd get bullied too. But I regret not standing up to those bullies because... Because he committed suicide later that year. I can never forgive myself." She said, holding the bag of ice to my face but, at the same time, she looked at the ground as if she were about to cry. I've never seen her cry before.

"It's not your fault that he died. You didn't bully him. Don't be so hard on yourself." I said, trying to comfort her.

"Yeah but I could've done something about it. But I didn't." She said with sadness in her eyes.

I hugged her and said, "You're doing something now. You're helping me. And that's better than not doing anything at all. You learned the right thing and that's what's important."

"Thanks, sweetie. I'll always help you. I'm here if you need me." She said and smiled at me.

I smiled back and laid down.

After about 15 minutes, I sat back up, feeling less sore. "I'm feeling better, can I go back to class?" I asked.

"Yeah, let me just write you a pass." She said. She wrote on the white piece of paper and handed it to me. I headed out of the office and to my class. My face still hurt a little but I could get through the rest of the day.

I walked into my history class and gave the teacher my pass. My teacher nodded and looked at me with a sad face. She felt bad for me. All the teachers and staff did. Everyone knows I'm the most bullied girl in school, even the adults. They don't tell the police about it because my bullies are the richest guys in the school. They know that if they tell, the parents will sue and will obviously win, so they don't do anything about it.

I walked over to my seat and sat down next to Hannah. She looked at my bruises and had a sad look on her face.

After 5 minutes into the lesson, Hannah looked at me again and whispered in my ear.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks." She nodded.

During class I couldn't stop thinking about what Jack G said.

"How about you do me a favor and just die already? No one here likes you anyways."

What if I do commit suicide? It'd be easier. Plus no one in my life cares about me anyways so why not? I thought about it but cleared it from my head so I could focus on the lesson.

I sat quietly through the rest of the class.

----------------------

*RING RING*

Class was finally over, and Hannah and I walked to our lockers to get our lunches.

Now time for the worst part of my day...

Lunch.

---------

Hey guys I hope you guys are liking the story! Vote and comment what you think of it so far. Thanks for reading:)