Chapter 44

JuJu's POV

I'm nervous for school today. I have to face Jack and Matt.

This is all gonna go wrong.

I got on my light blue tank top and a white button up shirt on top of it. I put on yoga pants from Cotton On and white adidas.

I decided to walk to school today because it is a nice day out.

The only downside to this idea was that I had to pass Matt's house on the way. Hopefully he won't see me.

I walked past, putting my head down just in case and I'm so grateful that he didn't recognize me.

It took me about 15-20 minutes to get to school. The first half of it I was walking, but I forgot that for a second, I was gonna join Track & Field, so I decided to run the last 10 minutes, so I can remind myself to work out before the season starts.

I got to school exactly on time. I saw cars pulling up, buses parking and students walking inside.

I walked in the school, to my locker, trying to avoid everybody.

I got to my locker and put my backpack inside, grabbing only the books I needed for my class.

I closed my locker, jumping when I saw the person behind it.

It was Matt. His eyes were red all around and he was sniffing.

"You scared me." I said with no emotion, rolling my eyes, then walked away.

He followed behind and grabbed me lightly by the wrist.

"Please, babe. Can we talk?" He said, turning my around.

"No. I don't have anything to say to you." I said, angry and sad at the same time.

"I have a lot to say to you, though. Please, can we just talk in the courtyard during lunch?" He said with pleading eyes.

I rolled my eyes and looked away, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Fine, but I'm only giving you five minutes." I said, with a straight face, trying to hide that I was crying inside.

"Okay, that's all I need." He said, turning around and walking away.

I stood there watching him walk away and let out a deep breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

I walked to my first hour, not even listening to what the teacher was saying.

I didn't sit in my usual spot next to Matt because of obvious circumstances. I decided to sit all the way in the back, by myself, where no one could see me.

The whole time I was zoning out, thinking of what Matt was gonna say and what I was gonna say back.

"Hey." Jack G said, helping me escape my thoughts. "Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind." I said.

Now that I think of it, I also have that kiss to worry about. To think about.

Dang it, why does everything have to be so complicated.

"Okay, just checking. Um... So that kiss..." He started.

Oh no.

"Yeah?" I asked, wondering where he's going with it.

"Are we ever gonna talk about it?"

"Yeah, it's been bothering me that we haven't said anything about it. How about today after school?" I asked, nervously.

"Yeah, sure." He said.