Chapter 18

Edited

*Last chapter*

"Jack?" I called his name, catching his attention.

He turned to look at me. "Yeah?"

"I..."

---------------

JuJu's POV

"I.. I'm not hungry anymore, I'm gonna go back to your living room to watch tv."

"Oh ok. I'll come and get you once I'm done and we can continue with our project."

I nodded and smiled. I got up from my chair and started walking towards the living room.

My mind was telling me to forgive him but once I was about to say it.. I just chickened out.

Maybe it's for the best.

I guess I'm just not ready to forgive him. Even if he changed.

-----------

I was watching American horror story on netflix for only about 10 minutes, then, Jack walked in.

"Hey." He said with a smile as he sat down on the couch.

"Hey, you done eating?" I asked.

"Yeah. Do you wanna continue with the project?" He asked.

"Mmmm.... Not really... Can we do something else? My dad texted me and said he won't be home til a couple of hours, and I forgot my keys at home, so, is it okay if I stay a little longer?" I ask shyly.

"Yeah, sure. I was getting bored of the project too. I thought I was gonna drop you off, so I kinda invited Johnson, Sam and Collin. I can tell them I'm busy."

"Oh, no it's okay. I'm friends with Collin now so it won't be as awkward. Plus I'll probably be on my phone the whole time they're here."

"Okay, great. Well they'll be here in about 5 minutes. Do you want to help me put our books away before they get here? Just so it won't be as messy and so they don't ruin it. Sam somehow ruins everything." Jack laughed, getting up from the couch.

I laughed too and also got up. "Sure."

------

We got all the supplies off the table and put it in his room upstairs. By the time we were done, the doorbell rang.

They're here.

Don't be nervous. They won't hurt you.

I think.

Collin walked in. He was wearing dark grey sweatpants, and a blue Westside High School sweatshirt. He smiled as he saw me. "JuJu? I thought Jack already dropped you off."

I giggled, "My dad's working late so I'm staying here for a little while."

"Ohhhh." He nodded.

Then, Johnson and Sam walked in with their basketball uniforms on, not looking up.

"Hey Jack let's go play hoops out..." Johnson stopped once he finally looked up and saw me.

"Hey Julia. How come you're not home yet?" He asked.

"My dads working late so im going home later." I said.

"Oh okay. Cool." He said.

"Johnson, I don't think we're gonna play basketball today. I don't want to leave Julia in here by herself." Jack said.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "No, go ahead. Like I said, I'll probably just be on my phone the whole time. I'll be fine." I said, smiling.

He sighed, "One game. Sammy and Collin, stay in here and keep her company."