Distance

"Lily," Raleigh looked to the girl.

Lily said, "What is it nitrous?"

"Do you ever wonder what life would be like if we were mortals?"

Lily shook her head, "no. I don't. I don't get the luxury. Neither do you."

Raleigh said, "I know, but don't you think it would be nice if we didn't have to fight for these people who take us for granted?"

Lily looked at Raleigh, "not all of them do. These avengers and the two we were asked to watch. They don't, and that's why I continue to fight. The two people in that tower who are trying to fix the world are the reason I don't give up. I failed Captain America when I couldn't save him during world war 2. I don't plan on failing his son. Even if it's helping him do the simple things," lily looked back at Steve and tony who were trying to fix the towers power source, "what do you think about?"

Raleigh smiled, "I see myself marrying a nice guy like all these mortals do. I see myself having a family and I see myself saving a few lives in the process. I know it will only end in sadness, but that's not what I'm worried about right now. I can turn into anyone I want. Why shouldn't I have a little fun."

Lily laughed, "go for it. Hell, why don't we have a little fun. I'm bored sitting here. Agent carter, his mother, how about we show them a ghost story." the two looked at each other. Raleigh said, "their daughter just died. We can't."

"She's coming back," said lily.

Raleigh looked down, "do you really want father yelling at us? Do you remember what he did to Thor and Loki during there last feud?"
Lily nodded her head, "I suppose you're right."

Raleigh mockingly sighed, "then we continue to watch."