Chapter 14

Assemble
-----------------

-\ TONY'S POV /-
----

We'd been fighting. Fury's band of misfit nobody's had assembled our unique gifts. A woman by the name of Natasha Romanov and man, Steve's previous boss, Clint Barton had previous experience with weapons. Romanov was a x-Russian agent. I didn't get any other information than that.

The next two people recruited were Dr. Bruce Banner and a man, well god, from another world named Thor. Dr. Banner was in an accident and was given a sort of power that turned him into the hulk. Thor is the god of thunder. Both men were our teams heavy artillery.

The last of our team consisted of Captain America and his son. With the two of them at the lead we were invincible. i would say it was mainly that the good captain had taken Steve under his wing and had accepted him as his son from the very beginning.

Then there was me.

---

We were fighting the enemy when I flew over the city and noticed Steve get hit, and hard. As I flew down to him I noticed his father holding him in his arms.

When I landed I set the armor to protect while I ran to Steve's side. We had told his father a few months ago about us when Steve's brother Bucky came back from his deployment so he stepped aside.

"Blue eyes," He started to cough up blood as I pulled him into my arms, "Blue eyes you promised you wouldn't leave me."

"I made you a great deal of promises I suppose."

He started to cough up more blood. By then the others had arrived.

"Blue eyes," I could see he was slowly fading," blue eyes are you with me?"

Tears started to fall from my eyes as I kissed him.

"You with me Steve?"

"I was... I was with you."

I held him in my arms and watched the light leave his eyes.

"You promised."

The hulk yelled out a battle cry as it began to rain. A hero was lost on this gloomy day. I knew nothing was going to be the same.

-|- AVENGERS TOWER -|-

Tony walked out of the elevator and found pepper looking out the window. When the doors closed she turned around and tony tried to smile. Pepper was the only person who accepted to have Steve and Tony's baby.

"Where's steve?"

Tony started to cry as he dropped his things and fell to the floor. Pepper hurried over and got onto her knees in front of tony.

"Tony what happened?"

Tony kissed peppers belly before looking up at her, "he's gone."

"What do you mean he's gone?"

"They... he..."

"Tony what happened?"

"I was flying over head when I saw him get hit. I went to his aid but it was to late. Those things through him through the air like he was child's play toy. He died in my arms. Pepper he's gone."

Pepper wrapped her arm around tony while She used her free arm to try and support the baby.

"What am I going to do?"

"Your going to be just fine. I'm with you tony. You don't have to worry. I'll help you raise her."

"Her? you mean you found out?"

"Yes. this morning."

"I just wish Steve could have known."

"What are you going to call her tony?"

Tony got off the floor and helped pepper up, "I don't know. What is something that would fit the name of rogers-stark?"

"How about Chloe?"

"Chloe? Chloe rogers stark? I like it"

The two smiled.

"Come on... it's late. Let's get you to bed."