Chapter 16

Looking in

------------------

-|- 18 YEARS LATER -|-

i was looking at a computer screen at my daughters graduation. All the avengers, Tony, Pepper and Happy were there. She grew up and had an interesting life with her father. She was a ginger, with bright blue eyes. When I saw that she had graduated top of her class it made me proud.

"its a tough thing to walk away isnt it?"

"This isn't walking away. This is a bonding get before she was ever born."

"But you haven't abandoned her. Captain you've been there for her every step of the way. You've been her guardian angel since she could walk. You haven't abandoned her."

"Do you have kids."

"Yes."

"Then you know how I feel."

"I know captain but this is for the good of your race. To save your daughter you had to let her go. I'm sorry Captain but you would have put her in more danger if you stayed."

"Will I ever get to see her again?"

"Yes Captain. The Guardians have agreed to let you go home soon. But in order to do so she and the man of iron can never know you are you."

"Then what's the point of letting me go back."

"There's a threat bigger than the Asgardian you faced."

"What? what is it?"

"A machine created by your kind. The machine is called ULTRON."

"What do I need to do?"

"Find it and through it into the sun."

"Last I checked I couldn't breath in space. How am I supposed to stop that thing if I can't breath in space?"

"Do not worry. We are going to tamper a bit with your DNA structure to allow you to gain a great number of gifts while still keeping the physical appearance you were granted at birth."

"I want to start as soon as I can."

"Good. Follow me."

I was taken to a medical room and hooked up to several different machines before I began the procedure. The people that found me were of a different species who had gifts like healing and flight. They were wonders beyond what the earth was capable of and I still felt out of place. I had no place being there because I could not offer any help.