Chapter 11

Proposal

---------------

-|- months later -|-

-\ TONY'S POV /-

I had just walked into the living area looking for the good Captain. I had been with Steve so long and knew that if I wasn't going to ask he'd be swept away from me.

I said, "Morning," as I walked into the kitchen to find captain rogers cooking breakfast.

"Morning Mr. Stark."

"Captain you know you can call me tony."

"Is that what you want?"

"Yes."

"Ok, tony it is."

"Thank you," it got quite as I made my coffee. When I was about to leave the captain stopped me when he said, "is there anything else you want to talk about tony. You look like you need to get something off your chest."

I turned around and motioned him to follow me to the balcony. He placed the food on a plate then followed me.

"What can I do for you tony?"

"I love your son and I have since I met him. He makes me want to be a better man. I know you think that I'm a mess and a product of my environment. I know you think I'm not good enough and the truth is I don't feel like I am for him."

"Spit it out son."

"Captain rogers I'd like permission to marry your son."

He set his fork down then looked away from me. when he got up and walked away I started to worry.

He went and placed his hands on the railing before saying, "your father and I fought a lot. We disagreed and honestly," he looked back at me," I'm glad you turned out differently than he did."

My eyes got wide as he turned back out toward the city.

"Your father and I eventually became friends but he still was the man I knew back in the war. If he was here in sure he'd be a different man but the truth is I'm glad you and my son found me. I'm sorry your childhood was hell," he came and sat next to me, "My answer to your question is yes. I'd be honored to have you as a son in law."

"Thank you captain rogers."

He smiled then went back to eating.

-|- IN THE LAB -|-

"Jarvis lock the door and make sure no one gets in here."

"Yes sir. Will there be anything else?"

"bring down the spare pieces to the armor. I'm going to build Steve's engagement ring."

"Are you sure that is best."

"Run scans and see what size his ring finger is."

"Yes sir."

Jarvis gave me the answer then. Lowered the spare parts from one of the overhead storage compartments in my lab.

"Will there be anything else?"

"No... thank you Jarvis."

-|- HOURS LATER -|-

Bucky was pounding on the lab door later that night. When I couldn't take the notice I finally had Jarvis let him in.

"So Stark I heard you wanted to marry my brother"

I didn't get up and when he saw he walked over to me.

"Tony what are you doing?"

I held up the ring to show him. There was an arc reactor design on the center of the ring.