Chapter five

-|-

DAYS LATER ON MAIN LIVING AREA AT STARK TOWER

-|-

"I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this."

"Why do you mean."

"You and me... us... this place. I love you tony. I don't want to screw this up."

"Steve you don't have to worry. Your perfect."

The two walked over to the kitchen table to eat breakfast.

"What is it?"

"My boss."

"I don't understand tony."

"I was allowed to tell one person so I'm going to tell you."

"Ok."

"Steve I work for an organization that deals with keeping this world safe. that's why you see ironman on a regular basis. I'm the only know superhero at this point."

Steve smiled," you'd be shocked to here my story. Hell, I was named after my father."

"I don't understand."

"There's a first for everything."

"Can you explain?"

"Your boss needs to update his records about myths and legends."

"Ok blue eyes but what does that have to do with anything?"

"Your father spent his life looking for mine."

"No... it can't be. Then who's your mom?"

"Peggy carter."

Tony sat there in shock. He always thought that captain america was just some excuse to get out of parenting him.

"I always thought."

"My dad was a myth... No."

"I have to take you to my boss."

"Can we at least eat breakfast first tony?"

"Yes, of course."

The two finished eating breakfast then went and got ready to leave. Tony was in a suit and Steve was in a pear of jeans and a button up shirt.

-|- AT HELLICARRIER -|-

"follow me Steve."

Tony started to walk off and Steve followed.

----

"Wow."

"Wait here."

Steve sat at the table on the bridge as tony walked up to director fury.

"Director..."

Fury turned around from looking at his computer screens, "ahh, Mr. Stark. what can I do for you today?"

"What do you know about captain america?"

"Is this a joke?"

"I have someone with me that says he's the son of Peggy carter and captain america... now I'll ask you again. what do you know?"

"Let me meet this said person."

Tony turned to Steve and motioned him over. when Steve got to the others he was quickly attacked by fury with a bunch of different questions.

"Well my name is Steven Grant Rogers."

"I don't believe this. I thought they were all myths and legends."

"The story's during WW2 are real."

"Director Howard stark spent his life looking for my father. Have you and this organization come any closer?"

"I do believe we have. I put Agent Coulson in charge of your father. He's down in his office stark."

"Thank you director," Steve put his hand out.

The director shook his hand then tony left with Steve down to Coulsons office.

-|- COULSONS OFFICE -|-

As the two walked in they saw Coulson sitting at his desk.

"Hello Mr. Stark what can I do for you," Coulson turned to the two," oh, I see you brought a guest."

"Agent Coulson this is-"

Tony was interrupted by Steve.

"My name is Steven grant rogers. I was told your a fan of my old man."

"I don't believe it."

"Agent Coulson I haven't seen my father since the war. It would be nice if we got straight to the point."

"Alright," Coulson walked to a map and motioned for the two to follow, "on the map I have gathered information about the data Howard Stark collected about your father and I believe he is somewhere in the Arctic north of New York. I know that's no help due to the size and the changes of the region... but I think he's there."

"Agent Coulson thank you."

"Thank me when we find him."

Steve nodded his head then walked over to the map and looked it over.

"The best place to look would be to start at the coast of the ice sheet. Work our way west."

"How would you know this?"

"It's just a lucky guess agent Coulson and the fact that this area seems to have the most change in it than the rest."

"Ok. stark, get in your armor. Were leaving as soon as your ready."

"Jarvis? you there buddy?"

"For you sir... always."

Tony left the room, "Jarvis prepare the armor. I need it to come to the hellicarrier quickly."

"Yes sir. deploying now."

"Thank you Jarvis."

"Will there be anything else sir?"

"Not at the moment."

-|- HOURS LATER IN THE ARCTIC -|-

"Mr. Stark take your suit and start scanning the area. I'll take Mr. Rogers here and start coming the ice."

Steve walked over in the snow gear," be careful tony."

"I will blue eyes. Don't you worry. Will find your old man in no time."

Coulson opened the door of the Quinn jet and walked out.

"Tony I mean it. I already lost my best friend. I don't want to lose you too."

"Ok Steve. I will."

Steve leaned down and kissed the brunette," now go and radio in if you find something."

"I-I captain."

Tony placed his helmet on and took off. As Steve walked out of the Quinn jet he noticed Coulson looking at him.

"What are the ratios here agent coulson."

"Given the facts and the time frame I would say 1:10 but I've live my life on luck and hope, not facts, so I would like to say 7:10 that will find your father."

"I thought so."

"Your mom... she misses him."

"My mom believes that I'm him. I some times play along but other times I have to tell her. It's gotten worse these last few years and right now... well I don't know."

"I'm sorry son."

"Thank you."

Coulson closed up the doors to the Quinn jet then we were off.