(12) Cast A Spell

Jessica

It's the beginning of July now and it was getting to my favorite time of the year. At least I'm pretty sure it's my favorite time of the year.

Summer usually means no school and vacation and hanging out with friends. The beach was always a great place to go and there were so many things to do in the parks. And now I get the chance to start over this summer. To not be so worried about getting back what I've lost and getting something new.

Tonight Anthony set up something real nice for us. After his game he found a place to sit in his car and watch a bunch of movies. A drive in but it's just the two of us. After trying to figure out what to watch we decide on all the Harry Potter movies since I don't really remember the last one. Harry Potter was my favorite growing up and I've read all the books. I read all the hunger games and twilight books too but Harry Potter was my favorite.

So we drive out to the country where there was a screen set up in a empty field. Anthony parks right in front of the screen and I smile big. He always went all out with the dates he planned and this one has got to be one of my favorites, and it's barley even started.

We pull out some movie snacks and start up the first one. Anthony takes my hand in his as he laces his fingers through mine. I find myself thanking god I somehow got a boyfriend who cares about me so much despite everything I've gone through.

"If you were a wizard, what magical thing or spell would you create" Anthony asks me.

I sit and think for a second before a smile crawls onto my face. "I would let people see their dreams. You know how they go to look into the mirror and they see their biggest fears? They have to face the one thing that scares them the most. I would have them see what their future could be should they work hard. It'll motivate them to study harder and stay on the right path so we can reach that goal instead of being afraid of the possible future filled with their worst nightmares" I say.

"I love that" he claims. "I would make it so I can get stronger without working out. I hate workouts" he mumbles as I giggle.

"I guess you would be playing quittich and not baseball" I tease.

"I don't know about flying on a broom. I'm a big man" he admits.

"Yeah me neither" I agree.

I make it through a movie and a half before I get tired. Anthony decided to move us to the back seat where we lay the seats down so there's room for the both of us. He pulls out some pillows and blankets and lays them out for us to make a makeshift bed.  I watch as he lays down making himself comfortable and I pause for a little before laying down in front of him. I feel a secure arm wrap around me pulling me in tighter. I smile to myself while we cuddle in together.

I stay still enough to hear the beating of his heart over the movie that played through the speakers set up in the car. It had a calming beat, like the songs he's shown me. It was strong and steady and powerful. Not many men know how to listen to their own heart, but I know Anthony listens to his just as I am now. I don't feel the way I feel when a guy half asses a relationship, trust me, I know. All I remember is high school and awful college relationships and I would hardly call it that. All those times were just proof that when you find someone who appreciates you then it makes it all worth it. 

So many relationships fail because moments like this never happen. There's never a special date, someone making time for the other. Where so much needs to happen to be together and you make it happen, no matter what. I'll stay up all night if that means I get to lay here like this. Moments where the silence says more than words every could. Where I can drift off to the simple sound of a heartbeat only to find out, my heart beats in time with his.

"Baby" Anthony asks softly making my heart skip a beat.

"Yeah Tony" I reply.

"If I could have one spell I could do, I would make sure that you were mine forever, and that I would never lose you" he claims. My cheeks start to burn as I wrap my hands around him.

"I'm right here, I'll be in your arms as long as you hold on to me" I promise.

"And what if... what if something takes you away from me? What then" he asks.

I roll over and look up into his big brown eyes. They were starting to get glassy as he sniffles away the tears.

"No matter what happens, I need you to know that you're the best thing ever to happen to me. When everything was dark, when I had no hope, you came through and you showed me a beautiful life. You showed me that life isn't about what has happened but what could happen. That dreams don't have to stay dreams. Sometimes everything we hoped for, everything we dreamed up, it's right in front of us and it's ours should we have the courage to pursue it.

My life was barely livable before you were in it. And if I forgot everything once again, I want you to know you're the best part of all the memories I have, whether I remember them or not" I promise.

He softly placed his lips on mine as his fingers get tangled in the back of my shirt. My hands cup his cheek as I pull him into me.

I rest my forehead on his completely forgetting the movie was playing. I was honestly surprised I made it through one without falling asleep. I nuzzle my face in Anthony's chest and he pulls a blanket over us. My eyes stay shut as I try my hardest to remember this moment, because it was quickly becoming one of my favorite ones.

My breathing starts to slow down as I fight off some sleep. But Anthony starts to rub my back and not even I was strong enough to fight that off.

"Are you sleepy" Anthony asks.

"Now I am" I tease as he starts to laugh.

"You can go to sleep, I kind of figured we wouldn't get through all the movies tonight" he assures me.

"I don't want to sleep" I pout.

"Why not" he wonders.

"Because I'm gonna miss you too much" I insist.

"That's cute. But you can go to sleep, I got you. I'm going to be right here when you wake up tomorrow" he claims.

"Okay" I mumble as my legs get tangled up with his.

I let off a soft sigh as I let the sleep take over. I feel a warm pair of lips on my forehead and smile to myself. I think I found the one.