(47) Wedding Planning Round Two

Jessica

December comes around and I was excited for snow and Christmas and taking a little trip to Paris. I was going to miss Tiny because there is no way in hell I'm bringing a horse to Paris with me. He has anxiety so flying is a no go and he's still not used to being around other dogs and I don't want something to happen to him. So he will be with grandma and grandpa in oak park because they don't like dogs but they love him. And I can't blame them, he was a total sweetheart. A lap dog at heart even though he's ten months and already almost the size of me.

But this off season was already getting close to being over with the Cubs convention and spring training just two months away. Anthony and I were wanting to get married before the season started so we didn't have to worry about anything during the season but that doesn't leave us a lot of time to figure everything out, especially in Chicago where things are booked for years in advance. So I have my sisters come over and help me plan some things and get a idea of what to do.

"Okay, do you guys want a indoor or outdoor wedding" Jenny asks and both Anthony and I look at her weird.

"Jen, we live in Chicago. And it's in the winter. It's going to be indoor" I insist as she nods.

"Good plan" she insists as I roll my eyes. "But most of the indoor venues are taken already. It looks like there's a few at the Bridgeport art center and the alder planetarium" she starts.

"Wait! They have openings at the plentarium" I ask. That was Anthony and I's favorite place to go. We had such a history in that place. That would be perfect for us.

"Uhhh yeah

"Uhhh yeah. Looks like there's two dates, one at the beginning of February and one in March" she says.

"Can we get the February one" I wonder.

"I can call and see what they say" she assures me. What would I do without her?

Jenny goes off to call the planetarium and see what they can give us so Jamie and I look through some color schemes and flowers and cakes, the little things. I had a consultation to look at wedding dresses in Paris which was pretty freaking cool but I'm not set on one yet. For this wedding being only two months away I wasn't really freaking out yet. It was going to be small, just friends and family. A lot of good food and good times but it still be intimate.

Jenny comes back and tells us that if we put a deposit down the observatory was ours. It was a bit on the pricy side since we were taking the slot of someone who just pulled out but we would have it rented out for the whole day so you can see the skyline and everything. They had their own caterer who has a bunch of foods we can choose to serve so that took care of food. But that barley puts a dent in our to do list. We still need to send out invitations and find decorations and wedding cake and music. It's a lot of work but I like having my sisters around to help and Anthony is getting so excited.

"Okay so venue, seating, and catering is done. What next" Jamie questions as she makes a little list.

"Let's do colors so we can send out invitation" Jenny says.

"Alright. So winter 2016, what seems right" I ask.

"That depends. Do you want classic or chic or bold or cute or sexy" she goes off.

"I actually have an idea" Anthony says and I raise a eyebrow.

"You do" I ask.

"Yeah. It's inspired by the last wedding we were planning but a little different" he tries.

"Alright, I'm all ears" I assure him.

"So the main colors are navy and burgendy but they get matched with a cream and gold. Last time we just did burgundy and white for a fall wedding but I liked the way the navy compliments it. The ladies will be more burgendy and the men navy. Then the table pieces and the decorations on chairs and cake will have all the colors" he says as he shows me the computer with the colors pulled up.

"I actually really really love that

"I actually really really love that. It's beautiful" I smile.

"You think" he asks.

"It's like cubbie colors but more elegant. It defiantly gives out the winter vibe and it'll make an amazing venue" I insist.

"Well then it's settled. Now we can look for bridesmaid dresses and grooms suits and pick out cakes" Jamie cheers.

"Well this is easier than I thought" I admit.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself. We still need cake tasting, decide on the food to serve and figure out hair and makeup-" Jen goes off.

"Alright alright I get it" I giggle. "But I feel better that we've got a good start. We also need to get tiny into the wedding" I insist.

"That's a horse" Jamie says pointing to my baby boy all laid out on the couch, already too big to fit in his bed we got him.

"And he's going to be bigger by the time we get married so make sure he has a spot" I tease.

"I'll see what I can do" Jamie laughs.

After talking for a while more I send my sisters home. They can be a handful but they're so much fun to be around. Once I pick up all the papers left for us to sign and fill out I put them in my little wedding book Anthony got for me. We tuck it away for a while and decide to retreat to the couch for the night.

I cuddle up with Tiny as my legs lay in Anthony's lap. He softly rubs my leg until we find something on Netflix to enjoy. I look over at him and just smile big.

"What" he asks when my stare lasts a little too long.

"I'm just really excited to marry you. It's all coming together but I can't help but feel like we should be married already" I admit.

"I mean technically we are a few months late" he teases.

"I'm excited for the wedding and all but I kind of just wish I already had your last name. I'm ready for us to be a old married couple" I say.

"I am too. But when we are a old married couple we're going to be begging for these times. I think we should enjoy them while they're here" he insists.

"I guess you're right" I admit. "But I might be counting down the second until we're married now."

"Me too" he promises.