(48) Epiphany

Anthony

After a long few days of waiting Jess and I finally make it to Paris. It was hard getting her away from Tiny but in the week we're going to be here she gets to go dress shopping and we are going up in the Eiffel tower and a bunch of really fun things. She had always wanted to come here and to me, being able to come here with her was a dream come true for me too. I know this is something we always wanted to do and to actually be here was amazing.

"Alright, this is incredible" Jess gasps as she steps out on the patio of the hotel room

"Alright, this is incredible" Jess gasps as she steps out on the patio of the hotel room. You can see all of Paris from here.

"I didn't do too bad huh" I ask.

"This makes me feel like maybe we should have done this for our honeymoon because I don't see how it can get better than this" she claims.

"Maybe we can come back. Do boat tours and see some of the stuff around the city and not just the main parts" I say as I stand behind her. My arms wrap around her as tight as they can be as she leans into my embrace.

"That would be nice. Maybe next time we can bring Tiny" she claims making me chuckle.

"You mean when he gets even bigger? I don't think so" I laugh.

"Come on! We can take a boat here next time and he can stay with us the whole ride over" she tries.

"I have a feeling that no matter what I say the dog is coming with us" I shake my head.

"Pretty much" she smirks.

We stand there for a while and just let the wind hit us. It was nothing like the wind we find in Chicago, but it was still enough to move her hair a little. She wore the brightest smile you could find as she just admired the city while I admire her. I had such plans for her and I, and while they're not as extreme as coming to Paris, I and still excited to see the world with her by my side.

"So what's our plans for today" I ask her.

"Sleep" she claims. "This jet lag is no joke. But I would love some tea and pastries. I know there's a lot of cute little shops around here that we can find something at."

So we take off to the streets and let our feet take us. Her hand was secured in mine as she gets as close to me as she can. We find a nice little cafe and order us something small. This place is a lot more like Chicago than I thought with a lot of things being in walking distance from the hotel and a lot of little shops to choose from. It made being here a lot easier knowing if we needed something it was right around the corner. After taking a picture of literally every single thing we saw we get back to the hotel to turn in for the night. We got a little sleep on the plane but not enough to enjoy anything here right now. So we decide to get our food to go and relax in the hotel. I crawl into bed and Jess joins me. We eat our snacks and enjoy the view right out the doors. No music playing, just the sounds of the city to fill the room.

"Do you want to hear something crazy" Jess assks me.

"I like crazy. That's why I'm with you" I tease making her giggle.

"I had a dream last night, and I don't think it was a dream. I think it happened but it's not in my conscious, only my subconscious. I can't tell if it was once real or not but it sure as hell feels like it" she explains.

"What was it" I wonder.

"It was a cold morning, it had to be some time in the winter. I was all bundled up in a coat and a hat and gloves. But my hair was long and it was whipping around in the wind around me. We were in a park of some kind looking around talking about paths and flowers and how many people would fit in the park" she explains.

I smile big as my memories too start to come back. "It did happen" I assure her as her eyes get big. "We were looking at Columbus park looking at their venue for our wedding late last year. They had a indoor and outdoor venue that we picked out for the wedding. The ceremony would be outside and the party inside. We spent quite a few days out there planning for things and looking around. You loved that place. It was so beauitful, you were so excited to get married there. You haven't even gotten your dress yet or anything of the sorts. But you wanted to go to the park that day and explained exactly how the wedding would happen. It should have happened" I sigh.

She reaches over and softly grabs my arm as she squeezes me. "In my dream it did. That's how I know it wasn't real. I would wake up and go back to sleep and when I did it would be me in a wedding dress. I didn't know I was getting married to you at the time, that part was blurry. Everything my sisters said your name it would fade out, I tried so hard to hear but I couldn't figure it out. I would always wake up before I got to the end of the isle, it killed me not knowing what was going to happen.

But I don't have to dream anymore. We're getting married in a place where we had our first date the second time, where the truth came out allowing us to be free of those nightmares and free to dream on our own. Look around. This isn't what it used to be but it's exactly what it's supposed to be. Sure we would have been married by now but look at what's changed since this time last year. We have a dog and a house and all the reason in the world to believe that no matter what life will throw at us we will always find a way to be together. Making new memories sweeter than this cupcake" she says holding up the treat she got from the little shop from earlier.

"I guess you're right" I smile. "I'm so happy we got to do this. After everything we've been through, after everything we've gone through it has been such a sigh of relief to be here with you."

"I know what you mean" she smiles.