20. Refusal

Draco

Potions have always been an exciting class. It got more interesting now that the rest of us were finishing the Amortentia lesson.

Pansy stood in front of me, "Go on, Draco. What does your Amortentia smell like?" She raised a question, leaning towards my side of the table.

I took a sniff of the mixture in front of me that Professor Slughorn had laid on the wooden table. I let the aroma slowly creep up my nostrils, and my eyebrows furrow as I try my best to interpret the odor. "Like... sweet cherry blossom... and sheer lilac. I know I've smelt it before. I just can't quite recall its owner."

The classroom's doors burst open, with a frantic Emerald running in late. "God, Malfoy! Put enough cologne this morning? It's all I can smell!" She takes out her distinguished Cherry Blossom perfume and begins spraying it all around her uniform.

No way.

"What?" She barely raised her voice, not having a clue as to what was going on in class. Her gaze diverts to the potion in front of me, and everything clicks in her tiny yet witty brain. "Oh, no." She mumbles before taking a seat beside me. The whole class cooed at the sight in front of them.

"Very well, that wraps up Amortentia then." Slughorn grips his hands together, slightly rubbing them.

The second we got out of class, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle all jumped me with questions.

"So?" Blaise cornered me. I took a step back.

"You like her, don't you?" Crabbe let me know he was next to me.

"Just admit it, already." Goyle asked, cutting off Crabbe's question.

"You were her Amortentia smell, and she was yours." Blaise cocked his head to the left.

"Stop! I don't like Emerald! She's too loud and sometimes too peaceful and dreadful, and I think that thing she does with her hands whenever she's anxious or uneasy is idiotic and shou-" I caught myself rambling on and on about that fool while the three boys just stood, confronting me, with amused smiles, waiting for me to go on.

"I can barely hold my puke just by glancing at her. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a class to attend." I shoved past them with no difficulty and stormed off to the Slytherin Common Room.

Of course, I couldn't have a minute of stillness to myself. As for my luck, I had encountered Emerald on my way to the dorms.

"This conversation better start and end with you explaining what the hell just happened in there!" I yank Emerald's waist and corner her into a fence where we would be visible to no one.

Her eyes open wide at the impression of my dominance. "Imagine scolding someone because of your attractions! Great job, Draco!" She creased her nose.

"This is serious." I spit. "What happened in Potions was humiliating. More so for me, but even for you!" I bent forward, still holding on to her waist.

"Oh, please." She rolled her eyes to the back of her head. "It's not my fault; my fragrance captivates you. I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a smarter statement than whatever you just said."

"Gee, whenever we talk, I remember that God really does have a sense of humor. Stop with your nonsense!" I revealed the tip of my tongue briefly.

"I was pro-life until I met you. What are you implying, Malfoy? That I change my scent, so you're not persuaded by it any longer?" She glared at my silver ring that was protecting her from her fleeing.

"I never suggested anything. When will you get it? I am not attracted to you or that loathsome smell. No one could ever be, anyway."

"Magic does not lie." She growled gradually. "Now, when you're ready to grow up, you know where to find me." She strived to leave my grip until I jerked her back into the wall.

"Got quite a mouth on you, don't you? Someone should teach you what to do with it." My arm was now positioned behind her, blocking her only way of escaping.

"Yeah? Well, you're not the only teacher out there." She tried pushing my chest off, but yet, I was more rigid. Not that that's anything surprising.

Both of our chests battled for air. The passion we held for one another was just struggling to come out like magma out of a volcano. My knuckles began turning white from clenching my fist on her too hard, and I couldn't stand her gritted teeth from the effort to persist silently any longer.

My gut rose from my stomach as our breaths entangled. Without our awareness, both of our lips were getting near each other, uncertainty being the only stoppage. I rapidly glanced from her mouth to her face and noticed how red it had been due to all of our fighting.

Behaving before thinking caused me the repercussion of washing my lips over hers, sensing her warmth brush over my raw and cold touch. Her frame leaned towards mine as her fingers desperately searched for my neck, pulling it closer to hers.

And in the moment of the kiss, we were our most authentic, susceptible, toxic selves.