6. Malicious Tricks

Draco

"What the actual fuck are the birds so enthusiastic about at 5:00 in the morning!?" I exclaim as I fight against my inner self to get up from my bed. Seriously, these birds' chirps were louder than my actual alarm.

If it weren't because we had Quidditch practice at 6, I wouldn't even be awake as of now. "Crabbe, Goyle, get your sluggish asses up!"

"Coming," Crabbe attempted saying before he rolled out of bed. No, literally, he moved and fell off the bed. Holding in my chuckle was never an ability of mine.

"That's what you get for stealing my Shampoo yesterday." Goyle yanked his white pillow and threw it towards Crabbe, which landed on the floor next to him.

"He stole your shamp-?" I halted midway, realizing how odd that sounded. "We shall not be distracted, boys. We need to win today's practice, so hurry up!" In just a few minutes, I was finished getting ready in my clothing.

"Do we even know who we're playing against today?" Goyle doubted as we made our way out of the dormitory and into the Slytherin Common Room. Luckily, Blaise had heard Goyle and replied to his inquiry before I did. "Ravenclaws."

"You serious?" Pansy rapidly stood up from the velvety dark green couch, shutting close a book that was in her hands.

"Why would I lie?" Blaise appeared taken aback.

"You have before. I wouldn't put it past you. Back to my question, are we certainly playing against Ravenclaws? I thought we were practicing against Gryffindors today."

"This should be intriguing." I chuckled to myself, bowing my head down. Everyone took immediate attention to my action.

"You're just saying that because that crazy chick is in Ravenclaw." Blaise jokes and I feel an adrenaline rush through my veins while I squint my eyes.

"Who, Emerald? Saying I can't stand her is an understatement." I say through gritted teeth. Who is he to scorn her?

"You just proved my point. No one mentioned her name."

"And you just proved mine, you fool. I recall her name because she is a Hart. You're telling me no one here knows about her family?"

"Look who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Couldn't even put on your uniform correctly?" He snickered.

"What are you talking about?" I stuffed my hands in my pockets.

He points to my shirt, and my face furrows in detailed confusion. "Who did this?" My stares surveyed the room, and everyone's manners were mixed with amusement and bewilderment.

"You might wanna ask that little friend of yours." He winked, and everyone left the Common Room, leaving me deserted with a Gryffindor shirt. The house I loathe the most. I storm off back to my dorm and hastily trash up my drawers to find my actual Quidditch uniform.

I let out an exasperating groan when I realize I had no other green shirts. "Fuck," I grumbled, resorting to merely throwing a black tee on my torso. This will do until I learn who was behind this.

Sauntering through the humid grass, I made my way onto the field. My eyes land on Emerald, who was chuckling with some other girls in Ravenclaw. Pathetic.

"Mind if I steal her?" I implored one of her blonde friends, and before she had time to reply, I do so for her, "No, you don't. You," I pull Emerald's hand, "Come with me." I request.

"Look who decided to show up... without their uniform?" She clapped her hands together, grinning from ear to ear.

"Enough. I know you did this."

"What in the world could you possibly be talking about?" She stood back, pretending she had nothing to do with my switching of clothing.

"Changing my Slytherin robe for a Gryffindor one? Certainly witty."

"Oh, thank you, I-" But before she could erupt into her foolish rambles, I stopped her.

"Not so smart now, are we?" I catch her in her lie. She lets out a breath, glancing to the side.

"Call me dumb one more time-" She challenged, and I locked the opening between us with one lean towards her face.

"Underestimate me. That should be fun." I swallowed hard. The inside of my stomach churned with a burning tickling sensation. My gaze did not flee hers, for as competition was the only element we both quarreled for.

"Ravenclaws, position." We heard the Keeper yell, and we realized this wasn't just our world anymore.