41. Unfortunate Alliances

Ambrose

My job here was done. I came to Hogwarts to satisfy a man's wish, and now, I get to return home.

Lazily grasping some of my clothes, I placed them in my bed and began folding them so they could somehow fit my miniature suitcase. I sigh, glancing around the dorm and then out into the window. The view was unbelievable. But something I got to admit was that that London excursion was marvelous.

Of course, the sights in London were superb too. But seeing that distressed look on Draco's face was more enjoyable. I can't believe that fucker didn't leave his room until the final day when he was looking for his father. News has it that Lucius kidnapped Emerald, and Pansy saw it with her own eyes. I don't know how, but Emerald escaped.

And apparently without Pansy's help too, because she left her there abandoned and helpless. That's just too damn bad.

What's significant is that Lucius already handed me what I was in this for. The money. I lived off of this, cunning, deceiving, fighting. It was kind of like my double identity. When Lucius asked me to help him, I couldn't say no. I couldn't resist.

Not only was he going to pay me extra, but I was going to kill two birds with one stone because I was able to emotionally destroy that platinum blonde motherfucker. I fucking detested Draco. I never liked him. Years ago, he took what I wanted most and even- Well, that's a tale for another day.

I'm about to sit down on the end of my bed until I hear a knock, which makes me stand up abruptly. I wander over to the wooden door and feel my insides twist as I see who the company is.

"Oooh," I smirk. "How blessed I am to receive a visit from the devil herself." I shifted my weight and leaned against the door frame.

Pansy shoved me aside, making me almost fall out of the dorm. I lifted my eyebrows and let a little laugh out; I adored this girl's fierceness.

"Shut it, Ambrose. I need you." She sat down on the corner of the bed I was going to sit at just a few seconds earlier. "Context, darling?" I muttered, slamming the door and squatting down in front of her.

"Not in that way, you animal. I need you for a plan."

"I was flattered for a second there. Who's the target?" My face got closer to hers.

"Draco and Emerald." Her famous mischief grin appeared.

"I don't have to think this twice. What do you need me to do?" She smirked at my prompt answer that filled her scheming schedule. I guess staying one more day couldn't hurt anybody.

"Go. Now." She susurrated as she held The Marauder's Map, the one object that revealed everyone's location at Hogwarts. I soon fixed my tie and jogged over to Blaise, catching up to him.

"Don't you just love your Slytherin bros," I launched my arm around his shoulder. His face turned from a scowl to a smile. "Oh," He put his hand on his chest and breathed out. "I thought you were another person; you terrified me, man."

After I faked Draco's recording talking about Pansy, Blaise automatically despised me. Yet, he still acted like he didn't loathe my guts.

Talk about loyalty. I can assure you when Draco resents someone like me; he makes everyone in his squad shun them too. Blaise was different, however. In front of Draco, he rebelled against me. In front of me, he fancied me. The guy simply dreaded confrontation. Don't we all?

"For a reaction that shocked, who do you thought I was?" I laughed it off, walking down the corridor with him until he stopped to face me.

"Nah, it doesn't matter." He waved his hand, which held Potions books. "What's up?" His attention now redirected towards me and what I had to say.

"Listen, big Slytherin party tonight. I heard Jillian was going to be there. She's really hot, you know? Word has it she's into you." I boosted his ego, the most imposing entrance to a person's vulnerability.

His laugh grew as he looked to the side, "You serious? I thought she didn't know who I was."

"Are you kidding? You're Blaise fucking Zabini. Everyone knows who you are." I slapped his arm, both of us chuckling.

"Alright, I'll be there. Address?"

"Down our common room to the left. Secret location." I winked, gazing at my surroundings, making sure our plan was working. When I realize no one else was around, and I receive Pansy's nod, I grab my wand, "Stupefy!"

Don't you love effective spells? We settled Blaise down on my dorm bed as he now laid unconscious. Pansy stepped back to watch her work of art closely.

"You ready?" She asked, still staring at Blaise and ignoring my presence. "Yeah, give me the wand."

She passed me my brown and black wand, and I took a deep breath. I pointed it at Blaise and set the Imperius Curse. A small blue light emerged and bounced around the room.

"Test run." I clenched my jaw, and Pansy set the instructions.

"Open your eyes and stand up." She said, and Blaise obeyed.

"It fucking worked!" I softly punched her arm. We were both laughing, staring at the now unconscious Blaise, who we now held total control of, to get our dirty work done.

"Let's go," She threw me my stuff, and we ran out of the room, making Blaise follow us and acting normally. Pansy worked fast, and so we were able to get Emerald's dorm room number.

We stood right in front of the Ravenclaw Common Room, and we made sure to be as quiet and still as possible. If one person caught us, we would be done for.

"Blaise set the Killing Curse to the girl in the Ravenclaw Dorm 134," Pansy said deliberately and clearly, and Blaise followed instructions excellently. He walked in straight through the Common Room and in search of Emerald's room.

"Shit!" I yelled as I realized everyone had a roommate, including Emerald, but it was too late now. Once someone is set to instructions under the Imperius Curse, they will meet the demands no matter what. No matter if it came from a foolish mistake.