35. Ignorance is Bliss...

Pansy:

The trip to London was quick but eventful.

Hagrid had instructed us to pick any seats we wanted on the train. That's the great thing about Hogwarts; they never forced a person to sit next to another. I don't get why they do that in other muggle schools.

But since this is a field trip to study the muggle world, then I guess we'll find out sooner than later.

I watched Draco as he carefully examined every compartment. He passed through the third one, and his eyes didn't glimpse inside it.

Emerald was in the third compartment. Alongside Luna, Hermione, Harry, and Ron.

My eyebrows pull in from confusion. Draco and Emerald always sit together. Whether they disliked each other was another question, but they would still be around one another.

His gazes stop when he passes through my compartment, which I also shared with Blaise. His sharp hand snatched the door and opened it, sitting down in the vacant booth in front of us without saying a word.

Blaise's eyes were thin; he was probably troubled about why Draco wasn't sitting next to that whore Emerald. I decided to put it past us; if I asked him, his furious side would come out. And no one dared to take a look at that aspect of his.

However, I don't think Blaise got the hint. "Didn't find any other deserted compartment, Malfoy?" He spoke lowly.

"Shut your mouth, Blaise." He clearly said. His hands rested on the wooden table in the center, his rings showing. I glance down at his fingers, and I take notice of a specific brown ring. I could only read half of it;

Yours Always,

It said. I couldn't look at the other half. A part of me hoped it was from a family member or anyone else that wasn't Emerald. That girl doesn't have the right to even glimpse at Draco. He's too good for her. She's just desperate and hopeless.

I strived my best to make small talk with him, but his posture was purely intimidating. He seemed like he didn't want anything to do with anyone. But I tried, anyway.

"Are you guys excited for the trip? I hear we're visiting a lot of attractions like the London Bridge."

I hear Draco chuckle. But his laugh wasn't like his others. No, this one was dry and raw and harsh.

"I'd pitch myself off that crazy bridge before even getting to the Muggle world."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I lean in.

"Let's just say life and muggles have one thing in common: they're wholly meaningless."

I couldn't say anything back. And I attempted, but my voice wasn't loud enough, and my mind wasn't quick enough to answer back. What the hell does he mean by that? He's always been dismal about other people but never about life. 

I hear Blaise giggle next to me, and my stomach drops, knowing what was coming next.

"Amused, Blaise?" Draco's eyes didn't leave him once. "We'll see who's just laughing in the end." His gaze went back to the ground.

And that was the end of that conversation. Luckily, just a few silent minutes after, we had arrived in London. The skies were as dark and frigid as those in Hogwarts.