27. Eight Letters

Draco

"Ah," Pansy sighs, clasping her hands together. "I see you've finally come to your senses."

"I'm not here for you. However, it has called my attention you wanted me to conduct a favor?" I walk near to her.

"Perhaps such rumor is true. If you came closer, I could actually give you a definite answer." She subtlety flirted. I snickered, dropping my head.

My feet made their way closer and closer to hers. Until our faces were both apart with just a few inches. I close my eyes. I need to do this.

It's the only way I'll prove my theory about Emerald to be true.

"For goodness sake, Malfoy." She grumbled before tossing herself at me, and soon I found myself kissing back. She curled her arms around my neck, but I couldn't seem to fasten mine around her waist.

Her touch wasn't Emerald's.
Her warmth wasn't Emerald's.

Our lips didn't follow any type of rhythm, and in just a few seconds, I wanted to pull away, but before I did-

"I knew it." Emerald's voice rang through the Slytherin Common Room. I pulled back and glimpsed at her to see if she was really there and confirm if it wasn't just my imagination pulling tricks on me.

"Aw, don't tell me your little girlfriend's jealous." Pansy teased.

"I'm not his girlfriend." She responded through gritted teeth. I moved my head to the side, a sigh leaving my lips.

"Oh, good. Then we can get back to this." Pansy tried defending herself by yanking my face to kiss me in front of Emerald, but I jerked my head back, altogether rejecting her attempt to make out.

She scoffed, her hands plunging to her sides. "Are you kidding?" Her cheeks turned a heated shade of pink. She shook her head, "Fuck you, then." That was all she said before storming off the room, shoving both Emerald and me in the process. When she slammed the door, I turned to confront Emerald.

"I heard what Blaise told you yesterday. I just didn't think you'd actually go through with it." Her voice murmured without glancing at me.

"Why do you care? Every time I drop a hint for you to tell me how you really feel, you never do!" I raised my voice accidentally.

"Because you've never told me how you've felt about me all this time! I'm not going to look like a ridiculous girl who diminishes her pride just for a guy."

"So you think of me as just another guy?" I'm now so close to her that it was impossible not to hear our breaths intertwined.

She sough, bringing her arm towards her forehead, clearly opposed. "How could I? No guy ever brings me this much difficulty!"

"And you think it's so easy to be with you?" I lifted my arm to point at her until I saw her flinch back. My heart sank for a moment. My creased brows went back to normal, and my frown turned into a pouting.

"I would never hurt you. Come here, darling." I whispered, and she got the hint, nuzzling her face in my chest. My arms conserved her body and held her close to me. I had to gulp a few times to make sure the water in my eyes didn't spill.

She stepped back, pulling away from my touch. Her sights noticed mine. "I'm sorry." I licked my lips. She shook her head, and a small smile appeared on her face. "Don't be."

I pull her back into my chest, allowing my fingers to dance around her hair. "Were you really jealous?" I pipe up after a few moments of utter silence. She looked like she wasn't ready to answer, but she did anyway.

"I didn't want to be." She talked. Her voice was husky. She didn't mumble for a few more seconds until she asked a question. "That kiss... did you really mean it?" She fiddled with my ring.

I quickly shook my head while pursing my
mouth. "My mind wouldn't let me. I was thinking about your lips. Not hers."

"Then I guess a have a few things to admit myself." She shut her eyes. "Seeing you kiss Pansy... Well, it just made me understand I didn't want to see you with anyone else." She ran her hands through her hair.

At this moment, we both knew what needed to be said, but we were too uncertain. We had to quit dismissing the existence of our feelings. It was now or never. Nothing good ever comes out of resisting the validity of things.

"Emerald. Three words, eight letters. Say it, and I'm yours." My face was enough to beg her to say what she desired to say. Every bone in my body lasted for her to say those phrases. A simple 'I want you' was enough to make me say.

She bit her cheeks, contemplating on her next set of words. Chewing her lip back, she couldn't help but tremble her head.

"I can't." She gulped hard and stormed off the Common Room, leaving me with a significant weakness to be with her now more than ever before.