CHAPTER 23

ELIJAH POV 

"Dime has endured a lot since we met ,she got spat on she got slapped called derogatory names." I told my therapist. 

"What did you do when all those things happen?"She asked me. 

"Well we had just basically started and i had to ensure that she felt safe and secure so i dealt with the people who harmed her but recently i felt like i  failed her "I said with my head down. 

"Elijah as a child how was your childhood?"She asked me. 

"Mhm, my parents tend to be always on the move especially my dad mom would go with him and leave me with my nanny's and i hated it but when i was 12 my dad alone went on his trip mom decided to stay and he never came back , till this day all i was told is that his plane malfunction and he died.My mom took it to heart she began to drink then there was the verbal abuse that i had to take from her . But my weekends were what i long for because it was an escape from her . I would go to my cousins house. "I stated. 

"Apart from the verbal abuse did you face any other abuse?' She asked. 

"Can we skip this part?" I asked as i felt the tear flowing. 

"Elijah in order to heal you need to go beneath the surface of your problem and uproot it so you can throw away the thorns "she said.Listening to what she said did make sense but i wasn't ready to make everyone know what took place in my life.Through my relationship with Dime when she asked i would barely touch the surface and didn't really tell anyone,nor did i tell anyone about it. 

"You see my dad left and bills were not being paid so my snobbish and depressed mother wanted to keep a front as such she sold me to the highest bidder my introducing me to sexual abuse by her female and male friends. It didn't stop until i was 16 when she met in a car accident. I have tried to block out all those memories and throw away the key." 

" Elijah that was alot for a teen to take so this is what i want you to do right two list one how you felt in the moment and the other what are those feelings now.Elijah you have to do the work to make your relationship work. As i have seen that due to the abuse you faced needs to be let go, so see you friday for you and Dime session. " 

DIME POV 

I was in my store going over the amount of sales we were making in just two weeks of the opening. There was a knock on my office door "Come in" I said  and Monica entered in her beautiful african print dress. I have realized that was her style ,"The press is  here , i have them in the meeting room "She said and i nodded.Today is my my first interview where i will be speaking on my company, when i tell you i was a nervous wreck , just then my phone rang i looked on the screen to see it was Elijah and i feel myself relax and i immediately answered "Hey babe , can you come by i am so nervous" i said in a rush.

"Dime Mahfood, not only are you my wife , beautiful inside and out but you are a force to be reckoned with you are talented and you deserve all that the world has to offer , and i will be there shortly just leaving the therapist 'He said. I wonder how it went did he open up will he heal from all his troubles. "Dime, did you hear me ?" He asked."Yes i did babe and thanks for being the best husband a girl could ask for "I said. We said our goodbyes and then my makeup artist came in and did my makeup. 

When i was all dolled up i felt like i could take on the world,especially with Elijah's motivating words.I walked out in my black dress and black brazilian wig along with my black and white pumps. I went on set and we started, the host was a caramel skin latina name Marisol i loved her shows and was happy she was the first show i was going on.