•Chapter 16• Murders of 1975

Jayden and Jerry walked through the forest towards the cabin. They were chatting as they walked. Jayden heard something. "Shut up," Jayden tells his brother. Jerry raised his eyebrow. "What?" Jerry said. "Shut up!" Jayden whisper yelled at him.
Jerry glared at his brother but saw a bright light behind them. He grabbed Jayden's shoulder and pulled him down with him.
They hid behind some bushes and plants.
When the light passed by the two boys peeked over the plants.
Police officers and dogs were surrounding the cabin. The door had been opened. "Shit." Jayden cursed under his breath and hid behind the bushes again. Jerry glanced at the cabin again. "Wait..where's Jack?" Jayden then asked his brother. "I don't see him," Jerry informs his brother. Jayden sat up again, looking at the cabin and the police around it as well.
"They're not here. The police didn't find them." Jerry said. Jayden sighed in relief. "That's good. But where are they now?" Jayden asked his brother.
"I don't know, but we have to find them before they do," Jerry said. The brother looked at each other and nodded before they sneaked away from the crime scene. 

Jade groaned loudly and slams the door as she walked into her house. She walked into the living room and grabbed the remote to turn on the tv.
But she stopped. She glanced at the picture of her mother that stood on a shelf above the tv. She then looked at the house across the street through the window.
She put the remote down again and walked back into the hallway.
She ran up the stairs and into her room.
She grabbed her backpack and filled it with a notebook, some pens, and pencils. She then walked towards her closet and got out a box. Without opening it,
she put it into her bag and zipped it up. She then walked towards her father's bedroom. She made her way to his closet and opened it.
She moved some boxes around and found the safe. The safe was hidden in the wooden material of the closet. She entered her birthdate as the code and opened it.
She reached into it and got some papers out and put them into her bag. She closed the safe again, put the boxes back, and closed the closet.
As she walked out of the bedroom she grabbed her phone and called Andrew. "Hey!" He answered excitedly. "Hey, Andrew, I need your help." She tells him.
"Right now? It's already dark out." He tells her. "Please? This is about Megan. I might know where to find her." She tells him. She could hear him shoot up.
"Really? Where is she?" He asked her. "I don't know yet. Can you pick me up?" She asked him. "What? Right now?" He asked her. "Yes, now!" She answered.
"I don't know, Jade-" "Please?" She pleaded. Andrew smiled on the other side of the phone. "Fine, 'cause it's you." He tells her. Jade squeled and jumped a little.
"Yay! Alright, I'll be waiting outside my house." She tells him. She was about to hang up when Andrew spoke up again. "Can't you wait inside? Maybe that's safer?" He asked her.
"Why? It's like a ten minute drive." Jade reminds him.
"I know, but with Megan's disappearance...I just don't want anything to happen." He tells her. "But I'm right outside my house." She tells him. "Please?" He pleaded. Jade smiled, he truly cared for her. "Alright, I'll wait inside." She tells him.
"Alright. I'll be over in a minute." He said and ended the phone call. Jade quickly made her way downstairs and put on her shoes. She was about to grab her coat when she saw her mother's old black leather jacket on the coat rack. She glanced at her own before reaching for her mother's. She put it on and waited for Andrew to pull up.
She walked into the living room again and sat on the couch. She got the papers from the safe out of her bag and inspected them. She soon found what she was looking for. She got out an envelope with 'murders 1975' written on it. She put the rest of the papers back into her bag before starting to open the well sealed envelope.
She pulled out a piece of paper. It was a doctors note. "Bill William Salvini. Age: 23. Diagnose...unknown. Ways of treatment: Unknown." She read out loud. She was about to continue when she saw Andrew pull up in front of her house. She quickly put the envelope back into her bag and rushed outside.

"Where are we going?" Jayden asked his brother. Jerry glanced over his shoulder for a second "You'll see." He tells his brother. Jayden rolls his eyes at him.
"Alright, then don't tell me. Then at least tell me why you're so sure Jack will be here." He replied. Jerry then stops walking.
Jayden stands next to his brother and looks at him. "Jer, quit being so mysterious. Just tell me where we are." Jayden tells his brother.
 Jerry pointed his finger towards something in front of them. Jayden turned his head and stood face to face with the old factory that was build ages ago.
"The old factory? That's your master plan?" He asked his brother. "It's where Jack is." Jerry tells him. He walked towards the building, trying to find the entrance. "I thought the factory was closed." Jayden said as he followed his brother.
Jerry nodded and pushed some vines out of the way to reveal a door. "It is." He answered. "Then what is Jack doing here?" Jayden asked.
"I told Jack, that in case of an emergency, he should go here. So we can find him." He tells him. With some strength he was able to open the door. The brothers stepped inside and started to search the place for Jack.
"Jack? Are you in here?" Jerry called out. His voice echoed through the whole building. "Jack, can you please tell us if you're here?" He asked again. Jayden saw something moving on the walkways above them. He took a couple of steps back.
"I found him." Jayden said. Jerry stood next to his brother and looked at Jack. "Hey, what are you doing up there?" Jerry asked him. Jack didn't answer.
"Jack? Are you alright?" Jerry asked him.
"I-I'm fine. Just leave me alone." Jack replied. "Listen, if you're not coming down, we're coming up." Jayden tells him. Jack once again, didn't respond. Jayden looked at Jerry who sighed. "Jack, come down, buddy." He called again. Jack then walked towards the railing. "I don't want to." He tells them. "Jack, come on." Jerry complained.
After a while, Jerry finally convinced Jack to come down. The three brothers embraced each other. During their sweet moment, Jayden noticed something moving on the platform Jack was standing on just a second ago. When they pulled away from their embrace, Jayden glared at Jack.
"What's up there?" He asked him. Jack glanced over his shoulder, then back at his brother. "Nothing." He replies. "I saw something move up there." Jayden said. Jack shook his head. "You couldn't have, there is nothing up there." He tells them.
Jayden glanced at Jerry who glared at Jack. "Where's Megan, Jack?" He asked him. "She broke out, she ran off." Jack said. Then a thud echoed through the building, which caused the triplets to look at the platform.
There she was, Megan, trying to sneak away.
Jack turned to his brothers. They looked at each other before the three of them ran towards the stairs of the platform. Jayden ran after Jack on one side,
while Jerry ran towards the other side. Jack beat them both and reached Megan before they could.  He protectively stood in front of her.
"Jack...don't do anything you're going to regret." Jerry said. "Don't get any closer." Jack tells his brothers. "This is about Dad remember?" Jayden said to him.
"I said don't get any closer!" Jack yelled at his brothers, "I will not let you kill her." He added.