•Chapter 26• Greenwood

The next morning, Jerry stood on the elevated platform by himself. He glanced down at his two brothers. They were only playfighting. Although, the three knew that it was also preparing for a fight. He sighed to himself. "What?" He asked. Megan walked up to him from the shadows. "I want to make sure you're okay." She informs him. Jerry let out a low chuckle. "I don't need you to look after me." He tells her. She stepped closer to him. "We have to look after each other." She replied. She raised her hand to put it on his back. But he grabbed her wrist, stopping her. "Don't." He tells her. He let go of her wrist and turned back to his brothers. Megan let out a loud sigh. "I'm sorry about my father." She apologized again. "It's not about that." He snapped. Megan glared at him. "Then why are you mad at me?" She asked him. "I'm not mad at you." He replied, "I'm just frustrated." He added. "About what?" Megan asked him. Jerry didn't answer. He kept staring at his brothers. Megan sighed again. "If you're not going to tell me-" She started. Jerry turned his head back to her. "I didn't ask you to come here and have a chat." He snapped at her. Megan glanced down at her feet. Jerry runs his hand through his messy mob of hair. "I just...I'm worried about her." He tells Megan. She tilted her head slightly. "Jade's fine." She assures him. "I'm not talking about her." He informs her. Megan raised her eyebrow. "Remember that girl I was telling you about?" He asked her. Megan nodded in response. "She's not just my crush. She's my girlfriend." He tells her. Megan steps closer to him. "For how long?" She asked him. "About a year," Jerry answered. Megan thought for a second until it hit her. Her eyes widened. "Lizzy. You've been dating Lizzy." She exclaimed. Jayden and Jack snapped their heads towards them. Jerry glanced down at his brothers. "It's nothing." He assures them. They roll their eyes at him and focus back on each other. Jerry turns back to Megan. "Keep it down, will you?" He asked her. "So it's true? You and Lizzy?" She replied. Jerry pulls her out of sight of his brothers. "Yes. Liz and I have been dating. But no one knows!" He whisper-yelled at her. "But...but...you...you and Lizzy?" She stuttered. Jerry chuckled. "Well, don't seem too surprised." He joked. 

Meanwhile, Andrew stepped into the hallway. He quietly glosed the door behind him. He walked through the hall, making his way towards the stairs. He checked the living room for any sign of life, but there was none. He made his way up the stairs. He walked straight towards his uncle's office. He opened the door of the small room. Eric wasn't there. He walked up to the desk and started to search everything. He flipped every paper, checked every drawer, and looked at pictures. In one of the drawers he found an old news paper of the year two-thousand. He took it out and started to read it. "Salvini found not guilty by judge." He read out loud. He flipped open the paper and started to read the article. "The suspect, Bill Salvini, has been found not guilty by the judge of Hill City. The suspect was accused and charged of the kidnapping and murders of dozens of teenagers over the years. However, there was never enough evidence for the suspect to confirm these charges or accusations. The suspect will have to remain under the supervision of the police for two years. 'Final girl', Selena (no last name given), claims to be one of his victims. Although, there is no proof of that, the police has confirmed that she has been threatened by Salvini. She has been the only one to respond up until now. Hopefully, Hill City can sleep peacefully again." He read. He puts the paper back in the drawer. He heard soft sobs, as if someone was crying in the other room. Andrew made his way towards the sound. He found his aunt crying in his cousin's bedroom. He wasn't supposed to be here, but he couldn't leave her like this. He sighed to himself before he stepped into the bedroom. He kneeled in front of his aunt."Aunt Selena? Is everything alright?" He asked her. She nodded and wiped her tears away. "Yes, yes, I am." She answered. He took her hands in his. "Then why are you crying?" He asked her. Tears rolled from her cheeks again. She lowered her head, the tears now falling on her arms and lap. "I fear for her life." She whispered.

Selena's scream was muffled by the tape covering her mouth. Her hands were tied together, raised up high, and tied up to the wall. Bill glared at her. "Stop screaming, no one can hear you out here." He tells her. But Selena didn't stop. She kept on screaming. She kept holding on to the hope that someone would hear her. Her friends had stopped days ago, but she didn't. Bill stepped closer to her. He grabbed her face in his hands. "You're starting to get on my nerves. If I rip out the vocal cords of one of your friends, would that shut you up?" He asked her. Selena just glared at him. "Yeah, that's what I thought." He added. He walked over to the two other girls on the floor. Dirt was smeared over their faces, bodies, and clothes. There were tubes coming out of their arms. Selena saw the blood being drain from their bodies. Bill crouched next to the one who was crying. "Oh, are you in pain? Are you scared?" He asked her. He removed the tape from her mouth. "I....I want to go....I want to go home." She whispered weakly. Bill brushed his thumb over her cheek. "I know." He said. His hand lowered to her arm. He looked into her eyes. "But you're not making it out of here alive." He snapped. He grabbed one of the tubes that was in her arm and forced it further into her arm. The girl screamed on top of her lungs as Bill smirked at her. "She'll die." Selena whispered. Andrew gave her a weak smile. "She won't. The police is looking everywhere for her." Andrew assured her. But Selena shook her head. "She's in the cabin." She tells him. "But, the police has already searched it." Andrew reminds his aunt. Selena shook her head again. "They are hiding her. I'm sure of it." She tells him. "I can look for her again. Where is it?" He asked her. Selena pulled him closer. "Hidden. Deep in the forest, where memories sleep. Where screams still echo through the trees. Where the monster made his victims." She whispered to him. Andrew nodded and let go of his aunt's hands. "She'll be okay, aunt Selena. I promise." He promises the woman.

Back in the Salvini household, Jade poured herself some orange juice in the kitchen. Her hair was still wet from her shower, and her soft robe hugged her body. She took a sip of her drink. She had slept through the whole night, which was the first time in years. She felt fresh, and full of energy. She heard a knock on the door. She sat her glass down and walked into the hallway. She opened the door, revealing Andrew. "Did you find anything?" She asked him. He nodded and stepped inside. He glanced down at her baby pink bathrobe. Jade snaps her fingers in front of his eyes. "Hello? What did you find?" She asked. "I found an old newspaper. It said something about your dad. He was found not guilty." He informs her. Jade tilted her head. "That couldn't have been everything." She replied. He shook his head. "It's not. My aunt was crying in Megan's room again. She does that a lot. When I walked in, she told me something. She said they are hiding her in the cabin." He informs her. "The murder cabin?" Jade asked. Andrew nodded in response. "But, they already searched that place. And why would they take her there?" She tells him. Andrew nodded. "She still thinks it's your brothers who took her." He answered quietly. Jade bit her bottom lip. She still hasn't told Andrew that her brothers took his cousin. "What if Megan's there? Maybe we can find some more of your family history there too." He tells her. Jade nodded. "Sounds like a good idea, but do you know where it is?" She asked him. He nodded. "We'll go tonight. I have to go to my father in the hospital first." She informs him. He puts his hands in his pockets and nods. "Sure." He said. Jade smiled at him. "You're really great, you know that, right?" She tells him. He chuckled. "So you've told me."