•Chapter 33• Going Home

After Louis and Ian spoke as well, it was time for everyone to say their goodbyes. Jade lies a white rose on top of the black coffin. Others followed. The triplets stood with their sister. "You're not wearing the dress." Jerry points out. Jade had worn one of her mother's black dresses at her funeral. But not today. Jade smiled through her tears. She looked at her brother. "I'm wearing mom." She tells him. The three brothers smiled at her and hugged her tightly. Jade cried into their shoulders. The black coffin was lowered into the ground slowly. Jade continued to cry for a while. When she opened her eyes, she saw Andrew standing behind them. She gently pushed away from her brothers. She wrapped her arms around the boy. Andrew held her tightly and kissed her head. "Are you okay?" He asked her. She nodded slowly. She looked up, resting her chin on his chest. Andrew smiled at her and brushed the hair out of her face. "Go to your brothers. Text me when you need me." He tells her. "You don't have to go." She replied. "You should be with your family." He responded. Jade sighed, knowing he was right. "Just call, or text, me if you need anything," Andrew tells her. Jade nodded and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." She said. "Anything for you." He replied. Jade stepped back from the boy and watched as he left. She turned around to look at her brothers. "Are you guys going back? Or are you-" she started. "We're going home," Jack tells his sister. "All of us," Jayden added. Jade put up a weak smile and embraced her brothers again. "Then let's go home." She said. The triplets nodded in response. They said goodbye to Louis and started to head home. 

That night, the four of them sat in the living room. The house felt empty. Jade sat cuddled into her brother's chest on the couch. Jack had his arms wrapped around her. Jade looked at Jayden and Jerry. "At least we don't have to get up in the middle of the night anymore." She said. The triplets looked at each other and chuckled. Jade smiled at them. "I'm sorry for everything I've said before. I know you were only trying to help." She tells them. Jack shrugged. "It's alright. We know you didn't mean it." He replies. Jerry nods. "Yeah, no need to worry. We know how you can get when you're edgy." He added. Jayden jumped up from his chair and sat next to his sister. "We're good." He assured her. Jade smiled and snuggled deeper into Jack's chest. Jerry stood up and left the room. He returned a couple of seconds later with a blanket in his hands. He put it over his sister and kissed her head. Jack and Jayden did the same thing. Jerry sat down against the couch. Jade thanked her brothers. She puts her right hand on Jerry's shoulder. He smiled at the warmth and comfort. Her right foot sat resting on Jayden's lap. He gently massages her foot. Jade raised her head slightly. "We should have a sleepover." She said quietly, "Like the ones we used to have when we were kids." She added. The triplets smiled and looked at their sister. "I'm in." They answered in sync. The three of them stood up. Jack picked up his sister and took her up the stairs. Jayden turned off the lights and locked the front door. The four of them changed and brushed their teeth. The siblings then made their way to their parent's empty room. "Can we watch a Disney movie?" Jade asked as she sat on the huge bed inside the bedroom. Jayden chuckled at her. He rolls his eyes slightly. "And what movie would you like to see?" He asked her. The girl shrugged and snuggled up in her blanket. Jayden put on the emperor's new groove to have a little laugh here and there. Halfway through the movie, Jade had fallen fast asleep. The triplets looked at each other before silently agreeing. They turned off the lights and fell asleep next to their sister.

The next day was like any other day. The siblings arrived at the school together. Jayden stopped the car and took a deep breath. All of a sudden, everything seemed to be back to normal. As if nothing had happened. As if he and his brothers had never been in the factory or out in the woods. As if his father was waiting for them at home. "Here we are," Jayden said. Jade nodded slowly. The four of them got out of the car together. Jade spotted Andrew standing near the entrance. His back was facing her. She smiled and made her way towards him, wanting to surprise him. She wrapped her arms around him from behind. She planted a kiss on his back. Andrew smiled and turned around. "Hey," he said. Jade smiled at him. "Hey." She replied. She noticed his bright smile and cheer in his eyes. "Why are you smiling at me?" She asked him. "Megan's back. She's safe and...and she's back home." He said. Jade put up a smile. "That's great!" She said. Her brothers came up behind her. "Hey, you coming?" Jack asked her. She nodded and turned back to Andrew. "I'll see you in Spanish class." She smiled. Andrew nodded in response. She started to walk away when Andrew pulled her back. He puts his hand on her cheek and pressed his lips against hers. Jade smiled and kissed back before pulling away after a couple of seconds. "So, how's Henry?" She smirked. "Having nightmares," Andrew replied. "Good." Jade smiled. She turned back to her brothers and walked towards them. "Henry?" Jerry questioned. "Nightmares?" Jack asked. Jayden's eyes widened a little. He wraps his arm around his little sister. "You had a lot of fun didn't you." He added. Jade shrugged as they walked towards their lockers. "What did you do?" Jayden asked her. "Let's just say he will no longer be a problem." She informs her brothers. Their eyes widened. "Oh my god, you killed him." Jack blurted out. Jade laughed at them and shook her head. "No, of course not." She tells them. The three of them sighed in relief. "I didn't have anything on me. And we were in public." She added quietly. The three boys snapped their heads towards the girl. She shrugged again and walked off to her locker to grab her books. The triplets looked at each other. "You don't think-" Jerry started. "Oh, she's going nuts." Jack cut him off. Jerry's eyes fell on a familiar person standing further in the hallway. "I'll be right back." He tells them. 

Meanwhile, Liz stood at her locker. She was scrolling through her photos on her phone. She smiled as a photo of Jerry and her appeared. It was a photo he took on her phone. She was sitting on his shoulders. They were in the park late at night. It was a date. One of their first dates. She sighed and closed her phone. She put it back into her pocket. She looked up into her locker when someone bumped into her. "Hey!" She complained. The person walked away without saying anything. Her eyes fell on something laying on the floor. It was a blue piece of paper. She rolls her eyes and picks it up. "You dropped this!" She called after the person. No response came. She unfolded the paper. 'Back of the school' it said. Liz furrowed her eyebrows and scanned the hallway. Her eyes fell on Jayden and Jack standing by their lockers again. They're back. He's back. Liz quickly closed her locker and ran outside the school. She made her way around the school. And behind it, was the person who had bumped into her. He puts his hands in his pockets and smiled awkwardly. "Hey." He said. Liz rushed towards him and jumped into his arms. Jerry smiled as he caught her. "You're back!" She said. Jerry chuckled and held her tightly. When he sat her down, Liz looked at him. "I'm so sorry about your father." She said. Jerry thanked her quietly and looked down. When he looked back up, he had a smirk on his face. He pulls her closer by her waist. "You know, I can really use something, or someone, to make me feel better." He smirked. Liz returned a smile and runs her hand through his hair. She quickly pressed her lips against his and kissed him sweetly. Jerry smiled into their kiss. All he wanted was to hold her. He brushed some hair out of her face as they kissed. "Is there an empty classroom that we can use?" He asked between kisses. Liz pulled away from their kiss and giggles. "Why?" She asked. "Because I really want to make out with you in a classroom right now." He tells her, "I missed you so much." He added. Liz blushed. "I missed you too, bubs." She replied.