•Chapter 17• Trust me

"Dad, your bath is ready!" Jade called. Her father came in in his wheelchair. "Thank you, Little one, I can handle the rest," Bill tells his daughter. She nods and walks out of the bathroom. Her phone went off so she answered it. "Have you found something?" She asked him. "I have been searching all night, but I think I found something, yes." He tells her. She sighed in relief. "You are the best, Andrew, did you know that?" She asked him. She heard a low chuckle on the other side of the line. "Do you want to meet up later today so we can talk in private?" She asked him. "Um...yeah, I would like that a lot, actually," Andrew said. Jade smiled. "Alright, at eight?" Jade asked him. "I'll be there." He tells her. Jade hung up the phone and just kept smiling. "What are you smiling at?" She jumped when she heard her father behind her. "Dad, you scared me." Jade giggled. "Sorry, Little one." He said, "So what are you smiling at?" He asked her. Jade shrugged. "A friend." She tells her father. "A boy?" He asked her with a slight smirk. Jade rolls her eyes at her father. "Weren't you going to take a bath?" She asked him. "Seems like I'm going to need a little help after all." He said awkwardly. Jade smiled at him. "Don't worry, Dad, I'm here to help you...not everyone can say that." She whispered that last part as she pushed her father back into the bathroom. "Your brothers are doing some very important things, Little one. I asked them to be home more often but-" "I know, I know, you can't tell me where they are, and you can't tell if they'll be home." Jade cut him off. "I'm sorry, Little one," Bill said. "Uncle Louis will be here tonight, right?" She asked him as she helped him undress. "Yes, why?" Bill asked her. Jade shrugged and helped her father into the bathtub. "Is this about your friend?" He asked her. Jade blushed and looked the other way. "Oh, so it is. Maybe you can let him in and he and I will have a little chat." Bill tells her. She giggled at her father. "Dad, don't. He's just a friend, the only friend I have actually. So please, don't scare him away." She asked him. He chuckled and kissed her hand. "Alright, Little one. Just be careful, please? Your big brothers aren't around for me to send after you." He tells her. Jade smiled at the old man. "I'll be careful, Dad, I might get you some cookies if I get the chance," she tells him. She stood up and walked towards the door. "Chocolate ones?" Bill asked her. Jade laughed at him. "Yes, Dad." She answered and walked out of the bathroom. 

Meanwhile, the triplets were still in the old factory. Jayden and Jerry had Jack and Megan cornered. Jack was still protecting Megan with his life. "Jack, we have been here all night-" Jerry started. "Just step away from the girl, dumbass!" Jayden cut him off. Jerry glared at his brother. "You really think calling him names is going to get us to the girl?" Jerry asked him. Jayden rolls his eyes at him. "I'm done listening to you! Jack, we don't want to hurt her. Stop being so protective over her." Jayden yelled. Megan was holding onto Jack's arm as she hid behind him. "If I do, you will kill her! I'm not stupid!" Jack responded. Jerry holds up his hands. "Jack, listen to me, we're doing this for mom...remember?" He said calmly. "No, you're doing this to impress, Dad!" Jack replied. "We're doing this to avenge mom and save Dad in the process," Jerry tells him. "This is not what she wanted for us. Did she want us to be murderers?" Jack asked his brother. He was so focused on Jerry, that Jayden saw the opportunity to grab Megan. He quickly grabbed her by her arm and pulled her away from Jack. She screamed and kicked, but she couldn't fight him off. Jerry quickly grabbed Jack. "Jack, calm down!" Jerry tells him. Jack quickly stopped fighting when he noticed the way Jayden was holding Megan. It wasn't violent or anything. Jayden holds up one of his hands. "As I said, we don't want to hurt her."

Jade sat in the living room cuddled up next to her father. "Are you sure you're okay, Dad?" Jade then asked her father. He nodded and glanced down at her. "Why are you asking?" He asked her. Jade shrugged. "I just...I feel kinda guilty for leaving you tonight." She explained. He smiled at her. "You don't have to, Little one. I'm an old man, I'll watch some Tv with your uncle and I'll fall asleep after a while." He tells her. "But, with the triplets gone all the time, you only have me around. I'm afraid you might miss me." Jade tells her father. Bill smiled and kissed her temple. "Just as caring as your mother." He smiled at her. Jade then saw Andrew pull up in his car. "There he is." She said and jumped up. She opened the front door letting him in. She grabbed her shoes and her mother's old jacket. She walked back into the living room and sat on the couch next to her father. Andrew nervously walked in after her. He stood in the doorway and stared at the man sitting on the couch. Bill sat up and glanced over his shoulder to look at the boy. "Oh right! Dad, this is Andrew. Andrew, this is-" "Bill Salvini." Her father cut him off. Andrew gulped loudly. "I-It's very nice to meet you, s-sir." He stuttered which caused Bill to smirk. Jade stood up and put on her mother's jacket. Bill smiled at her. "Just like your mother." He tells her. That's when the door opened and Louis walked in. He stood next to Andrew. He eyed him up and down before looking at Bill and Jade. "Who's this kid?" He asked. Jade noticed Andrew getting even more nervous and uncomfortable. She quickly walked up to him. "He's my friend, and we're going to get something to eat." She tells her 'uncle'. "Have her home by ten-thirty, boy," Bill tells him. Andrew gulped again and nodded. "Y-yes, sir." He stuttered. "Alright, bye!" Jade said and walked out. Andrew followed her and shut the door behind him. Louis glanced at Bill. "You want me to-" He started. Bill shook his head. "There is a guy behind them, and a tracker on the boy," Bill tells him. Louis chuckled. "That's the Bill I know," he responded. The old man shrugged. "Can't risk it, she's my little one." He tells his friend. Louis sat next to him. "Hey, if you hadn't done it, I would've." He said. "I know," Bill answered. "By the way, was she-" "Yeah...she was wearing her jacket." Bill cut him off again. "Alright, cause for a second I thought she was-" "Parker?" Bill asked him. Louis nodded slowly and stared at the coffee table. "Me too," Bill tells him.

"I can't believe you guys didn't tell me," Jack complained. Jerry sighed. "We couldn't risk texting you. The police are looking for Megan and Jade knows about Dad and the murders." Jerry tells his brother. Jack's eyes widened. "She knows? H-how?!" He asked. Jerry folded his arms over his chest. "We don't know, but the police are searching the cottage, but I don't think they found anything there," Jerry explained. Jack sighed and glanced at Jayden and Megan. "What are we going to do now? What if anyone finds us?" Jack asked his brother. "I don't know, but you've done well bringing her here. We'll be safe here for now." He tells his brother. 
Meanwhile, Jayden was talking to Megan. "I'm sorry about everything that happened." He tells her. "I don't want to talk to you." She said looking away from him. Jayden sighed. "Megan, I'm really sorry. But please, can you...try to trust me? Trust us?" He asked the girl in front of him. She glared at him. "The only one who I trust is Jack. He tried to protect me. He kept me safe from you two." She reminds him. "To be fair, he's not the smartest one, so he was kind of doomed to fail," Jayden said. Megan giggled quietly. Jayden grabbed her hand. "Can you give me another chance?" He asked him. She sighed. "Fine...I won't hate you." She tells him. He chuckled. "That's better than nothing." He said.