•Chapter 40• Important File

"Answer." Jade groaned to herself as her eyes focused on the screen of her phone. Andrew wasn't texting back or returning any of her calls. She groaned as she texted him again. She asked him what was taking him so long. She waited another few minutes. No answer came. Jade groaned loudly as she stood up from her bed. A knock sounded on her door. Jade glanced up as the door opened, hoping it would be Andrew. "You okay?" Jack asked her. He glanced around the room. A lot of Jade's stuff and clothes were spread across the floor. "You bleeding?" Jack questioned. Jade shot him a deadly glare. "Okay, so you are. Guys! We need to evacuate!" Jack jokingly called out. Jade walks towards him and pushes him out of the doorway. "Leave me alone." She tells him. Jack chuckled as she pushed him away. She shut the door in his face walking back towards her bed. Jack pushed open the door again. He smirked as he leaned against the doorpost. "Whatya doin'?" He asked. Jade refreshed her messages once more. "You're annoying." She tells her brother. Jack folded his arms over each other. "Glad to see everything's back to normal. Hey, do you want me to get you some tampons?" Jack asked her. Jade put her phone into her back pocket and stepped towards Jack. She pushed past him. "Just leave me alone." She replied. Jack chuckled at her. He walks after his little sister. "I'm kidding. Why'd you lock yourself in your room all day?" Jack asked his sister. Jade glanced over her shoulder. "I told you to leave me alone." She tells him. She makes her way down the stairs. Jack kept following her. "I don't listen. Come on, what's up?" He asked her. Jade sighed annoyedly. "Andrew's not answering his phone." She admits. Jack pouts at his sister. "Aw, that's why you're grumpy pants." He said and pets her head. Jade smacks his hand away. "He's getting something for me. Something important." She tells her brother. "Tampons?" Jack asked. "I am this close to smacking you in your head." Jade threatens. Jack holds up his hands in defense. Jade turns around to walk away. "Morning-after pill?" Jack calls after her. Jade turns around to jump on top of her brother when Jayden and Jerry stopped her. 

Meanwhile, Megan and Andrew walked up the stairs. Their grandmother walked towards the door on the right of the second floor. Her hand trembles as she tries to put a key into the lock. Andrew steps forward. He carefully takes the key from her hand and unlocks the door. "Thank you, Annie." The old lady smiled. Andrew returned the smile. The old lady turns the old, rusted doorknob, opening the door. Her two grandchildren stepped inside the room. It was a small room, nothing special. There were a couple of trophies in the cabinet standing right next to the entrance. The old lady scooted her way towards the small desk standing against the left wall. She carefully bends down to grab a box. "Granny, be careful," Megan tells her grandmother. The old lady chuckled slightly. "Oh, don't worry about me, dear." She assured her granddaughter. She set the box on the messy desk. Andrew and Megan stood on either side of their grandmother. "Your father asked me to keep this safe for him." She said. She handed the file to Megan. Andrew looked through the papers. "Grandma, I don't think you're supposed to have this." He said. He was holding up a specific piece of paper. The old lady sighed. "Eric stole that from the courthouse." She explained. "Why would he steal that? What's on it?" Megan asked. Andrew scans the letters on the paper. "It's a charge against Eric. For violence against an innocent...pregnant woman." Andrew reads out loud. He looks up at his grandmother. "Grandma, why did he steal this?" He asked her. "I-I...I don't know...I don't know, Annie." The old lady choked out. Megan puts a hand on her grandmother's shoulder. "Granny, calm down. Take a deep breath." She tells the woman. The old lady took a few seconds to regain her breath. Andrew scanned the file once more. His eyes fell on the words 'unborn child'. Andrew met his grandmother's eyes. "He killed their baby?" He asked. Megan's eyes widened at his words. Tears started to form in the old lady's eyes. "He didn't know she was pregnant." She tells her grandson. Andrew steps closer to his grandmother. "So he stole the file? So he wouldn't end up in jail?" He questioned. The lady nodded slowly. Megan puts her hand over her mouth, taking a step back. Andrew looked back at the paper. "So, Bill Salvini, sick to death, almost ended up in jail...for kidnapping-" He started. "And murder." His Grandmother blurted out. "They were never sure of that, Grandma. But, Uncle Eric attacked an innocent woman and murdered an unborn child. And he got away with it?" Andrew questioned. The old lady glanced down at her feet. Andrew looked up at Megan. "We need to tell them." He said. Megan nodded quickly. The two brought their grandmother back to her bedroom to get some sleep. They assured her they didn't blame her. Once she fell asleep, the two made their way down the stairs. They stood in the living room. "We have to take this to them as fast as possible," Andrew said. Megan nodded, still in shock. Andrew puts his hand on his cousin's shoulder. "Are you okay?" He asked her. Megan nodded again. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Let's get out of here." She said. Suddenly they heard a click of a gun loading behind them.

"You're not going anywhere," Ian tells the kids. Both Megan and Andrew hold up their hands. "Hand us the files," Ian tells them. "Why do you want them?" Andrew asked them. "To make sure a certain someone pays for his crimes." Louis answers. "You...you're Jayden's uncle," Megan said. Louis looks at the girl. "Louis, right?" Megan asked. The older man points his gun at Megan. "Shut up." He tells her. Andrew looked at Louis. "Their uncle? Then you can help us!" Andrew said. Ian aims his gun at the boy's chest. "Hand me those papers, boy." He threatens. Andrew lowers his hands and hides the files behind his back. "You're not getting them." He replied sternly. Ian holds out his hand. "I'm not going to ask you a second time, boy." He gritted between his teeth. He presses the gun harder against Andrew's chest. Andrew gulped, making his adam's apple bobble. "Hand them over." Ian orders. Andrew shook his head. "Please, don't do this. We're friends with the triplets." Megan pleaded as she looked at Ian. Louis aimed his gun at her forehead. "Shut up," Louis tells her again. Megan looked back at him with a deadly glare. "Jayden won't be happy if you shoot me," Megan tells him. Louis rolls his eyes at her comment. He grabbed her neck harshly. He forced her up against the wall. His gun remained at her head. "You think I care about that?" He asked her. Megan stared back at him in silence. "You think he cares?" He asked her. He moved his gun underneath her chin, removing his hand around her throat. Megan gulped nervously. "You're unbearably childish. Thinking your 'true love' will save you. That he will make everything better." Louis said in a manipulative tone. Behind them sounded a loud thud. Louis glanced over his shoulder to see Andrew knocked out. Ian picked up the files from the wooden floor. Louis turned back to Megan. "No word of this. To no one." He ordered. Megan nodded slowly. Louis stepped away from the teenager. He turned around to look at Ian. "Let's go." He said. The two were about to leave when Megan slammed a glass of water onto Louis' head. The man didn't flinch. He turned around slowly. Megan started to back up. "I will allow that. For now." He said. He pointed at her. "Do that again, and I'll choke the life out of you. Something Jayden couldn't do." He tells her. Megan nodded quickly. The two men left the old lady's house, leaving Megan behind with her unconscious cousin.