•Chapter 41• Well Deserved

Later that day, Andrew sat frustrated in his car. Jade sat next to him. She gently rubbed his back. "It's not your fault." She assures him. Andrew sighed loudly. "But it is." He tells her. He turned to look at her. "I'm sorry I couldn't get you that file." He said. Jade gave him a kind smile. "It's alright. Did you see what was on it?" She asked him. He didn't answer. He wasn't sure if she knew. What would happen if he told her? Would she get upset? Would she get angry? Jade tilted her head slightly. "Don't you remember?" She asked him. Andrew admired Jade's face. The kind, bright smile on her slightly plump lips.  Andrew shook his head in response. He didn't want to lie, but he didn't want her to get upset. "It's okay. You tried to help me and get the file." She tells him. She wraps her arms around his shoulders and pulls him closer. She kissed his cheek. "That means a lot to me." She smiled at him. Andrew looked at her. He returned the smile. "How are you holding up, by the way?" He asked her. Jade shrugged slightly. "Things seem to be back to normal. Although, Jack seems a little off lately." She informs her boyfriend. She brushes some of his hair out of his face. "What about you?" She asked him. Andrew smiled at her. "Same as always." He answered. He looked at the backseat before looking back at Jade. "But I could use a cuddle." He tells her. Jade blushed and giggles in response. Andrew crawles into the backseat of his car. Jade quickly joins him. The two cuddle in the backseat of Andrew's car. Jade's hand was tangled in his hair. Andrew closed his eyes and rested his head on her shoulder. Jade smiled at him. "Hey, you never told me why you couldn't get the file. What happened?" She asked him. Andrew's eyes remained closed. He rubs his nose. "I wasn't able to sneak it out of the house." He tells her. Jade rested her head on top of his. "Are you sure?" She asked him. The boy opened his eyes. "Yeah." He replied. Jade shifted slightly in her seat. "You couldn't sneak a piece of paper out of a house?" She asked him. Her voice was more stern now. Andrew sat up straight again. Y/n folded her arms over each other. "Are you lying to me?" She asked him. The boy sighed. "Andrew?" She said in a warning tone. "Your uncle was there." Andrew quickly tells her. Jade frowned at her boyfriend. "What?" She replied. "Your uncle was there. The other man? A friend of your dad? He was at the funeral." He tried to explain to her. "My uncle was there?" She asked him. Andrew nodded in response. Jade turned away from the boy. Her boyfriend noticed her slightly shocked expression on her face. "Is something wrong?" He asked her. Jade looked back at Andrew. "My uncle told me he was leaving for a while. He was going out of town." She explained, "Why would he lie?" She whispered. "There was another man with him." Andrew tells her. Jade frowned at him again. "Another man?" She asked him. Andrew nodded again. "He was younger, but no less dangerous. He knocked me out." He added. Jade's expression turned darker. "Can you drop me off at the forest?" She asked him. "Of course." Andrew smiled at her. Jade stopped him before he could climb back into the driver's seat. "And go home afterward." Jade tells him. "And let you venture into the woods alone? After what happened to me? No way." He replies. Jade puts her hand over his. "I'll be fine." She assures him. "You're not going alone, bubs." He said sternly. "I am." She argued with him, "You're gonna go home." She said.

Meanwhile, Megan sat in the Salvini living room. Jayden walked up to her. Jerry and Jack walked after him. Jayden pointed at the girl seated on the chair in front of them. Jerry stepped closer to her. He gently lift her chin to get a better view at her neck. He studied the red and purple marks on her skin. "What are they?" Jayden asked. Jerry stepped away from Megan. "They're bruises. Seems like someone tried to choke her." He explained. Both Jerry and Jack looked at their brother. "What?" Jayden asked them. "Dude," Jack started. Jayden rolls his eyes at his brothers, realizing what they must've been thinking. "It wasn't me. It was Louis." He said. He turned back to to the girl in the chair. He crouched next to her, taking her hand in his. The other two boys turned to her as well. "Louis? As in our uncle Louis?" Jack questions. Megan nods slowly. "He was at my Granny's house. He was looking for a file." She informs them. "A file?" Jerry asked her. "Yeah, Jade had asked Andrew to get her some files from my dad's. I guess for some sort of investigation on your father." She explained. "Wait, Jade asked him to do that?" Jerry questioned. Megan nodded in response. Jayden looked at his brothers. The triplets exchanged looks. "What's happening?" Megan asked them. Jayden stood up from his position next to her. "Nothing you need to worry about. We'll get you some water and cream to make those marks go away." Jayden tells her. The triplets walked off into the kitchen. "What the hell is she doing?" Jerry asked. "Not Andrew." Jack joked. Jayden and Jerry glared at their brother. "I'm just kidding." He said. Jayden rolls his eyes at him. "How long do you think this has been going on?" Jerry asked. "Knowing Jade, probably ever since she learned of dad's little secret." Jayden aswered. Jerry folded his arms over each other. "What do we do?" He questioned. "I suggest we drop her at an asylum and never speak of her again." Jack suggested. Jayden glared at his brother. "We are not taking her to an asylum." He said sternly. "Yeah, dude. Are you crazy?" Jerry asked his brother. "She is." Jack answered. The other two boys rolled their eyes at him. "What?" Jack asked them. 

A while later, Jade stormed into the Pack's hide-out. The Pack members all looked up. The furious girl walked into the meeting room. Louis his eyes widened slightly as he saw Jade. She walked straight past him and up to Ian. "Jade, what are you-" He started. Jade cut him off by punching the man in his face. Ian groaned loudly, putting his hand over his nose. He removed his hand for a second to see blood on his fingers. He looked back at the girl. "What the hell was that for?!" He exclaimed. "That was for knocking out my boyfriend." She replied. Ian glared at her. "Your boyfriend?" He asked. "The boy at the old Greenwood house? The one you knocked out?" Jade reminded him. Louis put his hand on her shoulder. "Little one,-" He started. Jade furiously turned around. She looked at the older man with a deadly glare before slapping his cheek. "You lied to me." She said. Parker slapped Bill across the cheek. Bill groaned slightly at the slap. "I deserved that." He said. The redhead then turned to Louis. She slapped him as well. He groaned as well. "I deserved that too." He said. Parker shook her head as she walked away from the two men. "I can't believe you two lied to me. Again." She complained. "Parker, Darling, I-" Bill started. Parker turned back to him. She pointed at him as she shot him a threatening glare. "Do not 'Darling' me, Salvini." She said sternly. "You sure picked a fistey one." Louis whispered. Parker slapped Louis across the cheek once more. "Alright, deserved that too." He admitted. "I'm going back out there. I will talk to the police." She tells them, "You two will stay here and out of sight." She added. The two nodded and walked away from the doorway. Parker sighed loudly. "Idiots." She whispered. She opened the front door of her house. "Good evening, Miss, we're here to ask someone a few questions . Is Bill Salvini here?" The officer asked. Parker frowned at the man and shook her head. "No, he's not here." She tells him. The man smiled at her. "Are you sure, ma'am? People have noticed you being rather close with him and his friend." The officer pointed out. Parker returned a flirty smile. "He's very friendly. But, officer, may I say that you look kind yourself." She flirted. Bill watched as Parker flirted with the officer. "He's next." He whispered. Louis looked at him. "No...no!" He whisper-yelled at his best friend.