•Chapter 3• The neighbor from across the street

Jade sat in the English classroom. She was looking at the clock and waited for the bell to ring. She impatiently tapped her fingers on the table. The last minutes felt like hours. Three...two...one.  As soon as the bell rang, Jade jumped up and ran out of the classroom. Her teacher spoke to her classmates, but she ignored her. She ran as fast as she could towards her locker. When she arrived there she saw her brothers already there. "This is not fair! How is it possible that you guys are always here before me?" She complained. Jack chuckled. "Better luck next time, sis," he said and patted her head. "Let's go." He added. The four siblings walked towards the end of the hall. Jade noticed some people still staring at them as they walked through the school. It was like the world slowed down as they walked. The closer Jade looked, the more people she noticed. Jack suddenly stood next to her and gave her a sweet smile. Jerry opened the door for his siblings and together they walked out. "Why do people keep staring at us so much?" Jade asked her brother. Jack sighed. "You know why." He tells her. "Yeah, I just thought that after a couple of years-" She started. "Jade, don't start this again, please," Jack said. Jade sighed and stepped into the car. Her brother stepped into the car as well. Jayden looked at Jerry. Jerry shrugged and glanced at Jack behind him. "What are you looking at me for?" He asked his brother. Jerry sighed and looked at his sister. "Listen, they will never understand it. Just try to ignore them." He tells her. Jade glares at her brother. "That's easier said than done. Next year you three will have graduated and I'll be all alone. What if they-" Jade started. The three brothers looked at her. "Nothing will happen to you," Jayden tells her. "Yeah, nothing. You'll be fine." Jerry smiled at her. "And who the hell told you Jayden was going to graduate?" Jack grinned. Jade laughed a little. "Thanks, guys." She said. Jayden glared at his brother and slapped the back of his head. "Ouch!" Jack complained.  Jayden turned back to the steering wheel and started the car.

When the Salvini children arrived home, there was a strange car parked in front of their house. The siblings looked at each other. They quickly got out of the car. Jayden put his key in the keyhole, but the door was already open. It slowly creaked open making the siblings concerned. "Dad?" Jayden called. No one responded. They slowly walked into their house. "Jerry, you and Jade go that way. Jack and I will go this way." Jayden whispered. Jerry nodded and walked towards the kitchen with his sister. Jade started to think. 'Who could be here? Uncle Louis left half an hour ago. And dad would've responded if he were downstairs. Why would the door be open?' She thought to herself. She then heard the floor creak from next to her. She snapped her head towards her head. She was about to go into the other room when Jerry pulled her back. "What the hell are you doing?" He whispered. "I want to know where that sound came from," Jade tells her brother. She gets out of his grip and walks into the dining room. There was a person dressed in black standing in front of her. Jade screamed as loud as she could. Jerry quickly ran in and pushed his sister behind him. He may be a nerd, but when it comes to his family he can be an animal. Like a wolf. He even growled at the person in front of him. Jayden and Jack quickly ran in as well. The person turned around revealing his face. "Mr. Greenwood?" Jack said rather confused. "What are you doing here?" He added. Jayden glanced down and saw the man holding a picture of their mother. "And why are you holding that?" He asked. Mr. Greenwood holds up his hands. "Easy children, I mean no harm. The door was open when I arrived. I came here to check on your father. When I walked in I saw this picture on the table. I wanted to put it back on the shelve." The man tells the children. Jack took the picture out of his hand. "Thanks, I'll take this now." He tells the man. He looked at Jade, who was still standing behind Jerry. "There is no need to be scared, Jade." He said. He wanted to touch her arm, but Jerry quickly pushed away his hand. "Don't touch her." He growled at the man. Mr. Greenwood chuckled and patted his shoulder. "Lock the door next time." He said and walked out of the house. Jade walked up to her brother and took the picture of her mother from his hands. She walks towards a shelve and put it back. She smiled as she looked at her mother. "I'll go check on dad and give him his meds," Jack said and walked away. Jerry looked at his brother and sister. "What is it?" Jayden asked his brother. "Uncle Louis always locks the door. He checks it multiple times. There is no way that door was open. He broke in." Jerry explained. "How is that possible?" Jayden asked not quite believing what his brother was saying. "Louis always makes sure no one can get in to hurt dad. Not even the neighbors. He must've come in by somehow breaking one of the locks on the door." Jerry explained. Jayden raised his eyebrow. "Why would he do that?" He asked. "Guys! One of dad's blood bags is gone!" Jack yelled. "He took it!" 

In the house across the street, Mr. Greenwood had just walked into the house. "Honey, you're home early," Selena said surprised. Mr. Greenwood smiled at his wife. "I am and I have some great news." He tells her. "What is it?" Selena smiled at him. The man dragged his wife into the living room. Together they sat on the couch. "What is it?" Selena asked excitedly. Mr. Greenwood reaches into his coat and holds up the blood bag he took from the Salvini Household. Selena raised her eyebrow and scooted back slightly. "Not what I expected." She said. "What is it?" She asked him. Selena expected her husband to give her flowers or chocolates. Something small but romantic. Not a blood bag. He smiled at her. "This is what I call sweet revenge." He smirked at his wife.