•Chapter 12• Hospital Visit

The triplets walked into their house slamming the door close. "You have to stop being so nice to her! She doesn't deserve it!" Jerry complained. Jayden walked into the kitchen. "We got a bag of blood, didn't we? We wouldn't have gotten anything if I didn't calm her down. You should be thanking me." Jayden tells his little brother.
Jerry rolls his eyes at him. "I don't care. She should be scared of us." Jerry tells Jayden. Jayden turned to his brother. "You've got to admit, it's very hard to be scared of a little hobbit, brother." He said and messed up Jerry's hair slightly.
Jerry pushed his brother's hand away. "We're identical triplets, I am not that much shorter than you are!" He whined. "Oh, sure you aren't, Frodo." Jayden joked. He walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs. "Dad! We have a surprise for you!" He called. He walked into his father's bedroom but the old man wasn't there. "Jayden!" Jack called for his brother down in the kitchen. Jayden rushed back down the stairs.
When he walked into the kitchen his two brothers were staring at the floor. There was blood on the floor. The three brothers glanced at each other. "I-is that-" Jack started.
"It's darker, almost black, so yeah...it's dad's blood," Jerry said quietly. The three boys ran out of the house and jumped into the car. "Go to the hospital, I'm calling Jade," Jerry said as Jayden started the car. 

Meanwhile, Jade sat on a chair next to the hospital bed where her father lied unconscious. She holds his hand as she tried to hold back the tears.
Her thumb rubbed over his hand slow and gently. The door opened with a creak and a nurse stepped inside. Jade glanced up and turned to her in her chair.
"Miss Salvini?" She said. Jade nodded. "Your father is very lucky to have you. If you hadn't found him, he would be dead right now. We have to keep him here for observation." She explained. Jade nodded and sighed in relief. "Thank you." She said.
"Don't thank me, you saved your father by calling us. Is there any special medication he's taking?" She asked her. Jade thought for a second. She can't just tell that woman her father kills people for their blood. On the other hand, she could provide him with blood.
"We have it at home, I can ask my brothers to bring it here," Jade suggests. But the nurse shook her head. "We have all the medical supplies we need here. If you can just tell me the name of his medication then we're able to help him recover." She tells her.
"I can't remember the name," Jade tells the nurse. The nurse was about to open her mouth to argue with her when the door opened. Louis stepped inside.
"It's just a placebo, darling, don't worry about it." He said and pulled up her chin slightly with his pointing finger. The nurse blushed and pushed a bit of hair behind her ear. "Alright," she said quietly. Louis smiled at her. "Darling, would you mind getting us some water? We have to stay hydrated or else you can take care of this old man." he tried to joke.
The nurse giggled. "Of course, sir, but you're not old." She said while blushing. Louis smiled at her flirtatiously. "Aren't you a sweet little girl?." Louis said.
The nurse blushed and walked out of the room. The older man turned to his 'niece'. "How is he?" He asked her. "He's alive. You seem to be rather fine." She tells him with a smirk.
"Your uncle just got you out of a lot of trouble." He tells her.
"By hitting on the nurse. I wonder who thought Jayden to be a player." Jade said. Louis chuckled and sat next to her. Jade caught a glimpse of the hallway through the glass in the door. "Speak of the devil." She sighed as she saw her brother stepping into the hallway.
"I'll be right back." She tells her 'uncle' and walks towards the door. She walked out of the room closing the door behind her. Jayden saw his little sister and walked towards her with his brothers following him."Jade! Is he alright?
What happened?" Jayden asked his sister. Jade folded her arms over her chest. "He's alive, okay is something else." She simply answered. "Jade we are-" Jack started. "I don't want to hear it! Where have you three been?" She asked her brothers. The three boys looked at each other, trying to make something up.
But Jade wouldn't have it. "You know what, I don't care. Yeah! Let's let Jade take of our dad day and night because we're doing who knows what! Let's do that!" Jade complained. "Sis we're-" Jerry started. "Stop it! Dad could've died because you guys weren't there. You know he doesn't take his meds by himself." She said,
"Listen, I don't care if you guys are in a gang or having some kind of fuck party or whatever! But do you guys have any idea how much sleep I've gotten this week?! Five hours! Five whole hours of sleep! And how much sleep did you get? More than me I bet." She exclaimed.
Jayden stepped forward. "We are really sorry." He apologized.
"Sorry doesn't cut it this time." She said and walked back into the room. Her brothers followed her inside. Louis stood up. "I'll go look for the nurse." He tells Jade.
She nodded and holds her father's hand again. Louis walked past the triplets and out of the room. "He looks terrible," Jack spoke up. Jade sighs and tries to ignore them.
"Jade, we really are sorry. It's complicated, I wish we could explain, but-" "But you want to protect me. I get it. It's just that...you've changed a lot since your birthday. We used to be very close, but you guys keep pushing me away." Jade tells her brothers as she kept her eyes focused on her father. "It's for your own protection," Jack tells his little sister.
She sighs. "By lying to me?" She asked them. The three boys were quiet. "Guys, I really don't care if you lie to me. It's that you guys cut me off from yourselves.
Besides you guys, I have no one." Jade tells them. She doesn't want to tell them about Andrew. They lie to her, she lies to them. The triplets glanced down at their feet.
They wanted to tell her so she would understand and won't feel left out. But they made a promise to their father. They couldn't tell her. Jade sighed.
"Can you guys just get some of the animal blood back home? It might help him regain some of his strengths." She tells them.
 The boys nodded and left their sister alone in the room. "I can take care of myself, dad," She whispered, "don't make them lie to me." She continued. 

The door opened again. "I told you to go home and-" "I'm not your brothers." A sweet voice said. Jade glanced up and saw Andrew standing there.
"What are you doing here?" She asked him. "I found your earphones in my car. I wanted to return them but when I arrived back at your house I heard your brothers saying something about a hospital and they said your name as they jumped into a car. I was worried about you." He explained. "Is your father alright?" He asked her.
 She nodded slowly and stood up from her chair. "Yeah, I think so. It's very sweet of you to worry about me, thank you." She said. Andrew smiled at her and hold out some flowers he had bought for her. "You got me flowers?" She asked him with a blush on her cheeks.
"I was worried." He tells her, "I hope your dad will like them as well." He chuckled. Jade giggled and took the flowers from his hands. "I think he will, thank you." She said. She put the flowers in a vase and turned back to her crush.
"I'm surprised you dared to step inside all by yourself. With my brothers and my dad." She said. He scratched the back of his neck. "I wasn't really thinking." He admitted and chuckled awkwardly. "I think it's very sweet." She tells him,
"I know you probably wouldn't have walked in if my dad were conscious." She added. Andrew didn't know what to say, as he didn't want to hurt her feelings by telling her he is terrified of her family. Jade smiled at him. "I know about the story. But my father is not a murderer. He's not as scary as people of this town may think." Jade tells him.
Andrew nodded and stepped closer to her grabbing her hands. "If you say so, I believe you." He tells her.