•Chapter 46• To Kill

Parker's eyes fluttered open slowly. It was dark inside the room. Bill sat up in the bed, his head in his hands. Parker heard pants coming from his lips. She turned to face him. "What are you doing up?" She asked him sleepily. Bill leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Go back to sleep." He whispered to her. Parker noticed his cheeks were damp. He'd been crying. Parker sat up as well. She put her hand on his back. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" She asked him. Bill had his arm wrapped around her waist. "Don't worry about it." He assures her. Parker tilted her head at him. She brushes her thumbs over his watery skin. "Bill?" She said. Bill sighed and pulled his girlfriend closer. Parker wrapped her arms around him. "That nightmare again?" She asked him. Bill nodded in the crook of her neck. Parker runs her hand through his head. Bill hated it when he had nightmares. Especially when he would sleep over at Parker's. He wanted her to feel safe. She wasn't supposed to see him like this. He would have dreams of the people who he had killed. He was terrified. Parker looked at him. "Wanna talk about it?" She asked him. Bill shook his head. "You need to go back to sleep. You have to go to school tomorrow." Bill tells her. Parker shrugged. "I'll live." She tells him. Bill shook his head and rubbed her back. He smiled at her. "You're going to sleep." He said sternly. Parker whined. Bill pulled her into his chest. "Are you going to be okay?" Parker asked him. Bill nodded in response. "As long as you don't leave me, I'll be fine, Darling," Bill tells her. Parker blushed at his comment. "I love you." She whispered as she closed her eyes. "I love you, Darling,"  Bill replied. 

"Fox, your little girl's here! We've got work to do!" Ian called out. Louis snapped out of his thoughts. He stood up from his seat. He walked out of the hide-out. The other pack members stood there. A girl ran up to them. Her strawberry-blonde hair jumped up and down as she ran towards them. "What's new?" Ian asked her. Jade panted loudly. She holds up her hand as she tried to catch her breath. After a couple of seconds, she glanced up at the men in front of her. "Mr. Greenwood...he was attacked." She panted. Everyone turned to look at Louis. "Why is everybody looking at me?" He questioned. They all turned back to Jade. "He was attacked? By who?" Ian asked her. "Jack...he lost it. Apparently, Mr. Greenwood said some things about my mom. Jack overheard and he lost it." Jade explained. Ian turned to look at Louis. The older man let out a sigh. "Damn it, Jack." He whispered. "Andrew was struggling to get him off the man. He gave him a good beating too." Jade continued. Ian holds up his hand. "We know enough. We don't need to hear about your boyfriend." He said harshly. He turned to Louis. "You better fix this, Fox," Ian said sternly. Louis glared at him. "Why do I have to fix this? The guy isn't dead." Louis replied. He looked at Jade. "He is alive, right?" He asked her. She nodded in response. Louis turned back to Ian. "I'm not their father. They're not going to listen to me." Louis tells him. "Then you make them listen," Ian replies. Louis takes a step closer. "You don't tell me what to do. I tell you what to do. That's how this works. You don't get to talk unless I tell you to talk. Got that?" Louis snapped at him. Ian glared back at the older man. "You see, none of this exists without me, Greenie. I gave you this job. I can just as easily take it away from you again. So you shut your mouth and fix this yourself. And don't even think about trying to put this on me. This is on you." Louis said sternly. Ian gulped loudly. Louis chuckled. "That's what I thought. So, you know what to do, don't you?" He asked him. Ian nodded in response. "Good. Now go before I cut your throat. And never, ever, try to order me around. Ever again. You understand me?" Louis asked Ian. He nodded again in response. Louis patted his cheek. "Good boy." 

Jade looked at her 'uncle'. "That was pretty badass." She tells him. "Yeah, yeah..." Louis replied. Jade frowned at him as he went through some files. The others had left either to go back home or to be Ian's backup. Somehow, Louis didn't seem to have any attention for Jade. "Uncle Louis?" She called. Louis glanced up for a brief moment. "What?" He asked her. "Well, I just gave you a compliment. I ran three miles through the woods to get here." She complained. Louis sighed and put the papers down again. "I don't have time for this, Little one," Louis tells her. "Why not?" Jade whines. "Because I have work to do. Go home, Jade." He replies. Jade glares at him. "Go home? To be by myself again? I thought you were gonna teach me some things on how to defend myself." She complained. "Yeah, not gonna happen. If Greenwood was attacked that means we've got a lot of paperwork to do. If someone else, besides us, finds out it was one of your brothers who attacked him, they will come after you guys. And maybe, just maybe, they'll read into the old Salvini files as well. That can't happen. The chances are your brothers will get locked up. People in town are suspicious. I have way too many things to take care of, little one. I'm sorry." He apologized. "But, we were going to train," Jade said sadly. Louis sighed and stepped closer to her. He kissed her forehead. "Next time, I promise," he assured her. He was about to walk away when Jade grabbed his arm. "No! I'm not going to sit around again and wait for you to make time for me. You're going to train me, and teach me how to kill! And you're going to teach me now!" Jade exclaimed.