•Chapter 50• Salvini Blood

When Jade returned home that night, two of her brothers were sitting on the couch. Jade took off her jacket and shoes, entering the living room. "I'm home." She tells them. The two boys on the couch didn't look up. They raised their hands, waving at her silently, as they kept their eyes focused on the television. Jade rolls her eyes at them, making her way towards the kitchen. That's where she found Jerry. "Hey." She said. He looked up from his book. "Hey." He replied. His little sister walked past him and opened the fridge. "And where have you been all day? You smell." Jerry tells her. Jade pulls out a bottle of water from the fridge. "I was with Andrew." She replied. Her brother eyed her up and down. "Then why are you dressed like that?" He asked her. She was wearing a sports bra and tight leggings. Jade glanced down at her outfit. "We went to the gym." She answers. "You went to the gym?" Her brother asked her. Jade nodded as she sipped her water. "It was his idea." She informs her brother. "You went to the gym all day? Because you were gone this morning, and you just got back." Jerry pointed out. "Well after about three hours, we went to his house and hung out there. His parents are out of town. And his brother... he was with some of his friends I think." Jade explained. "And what did you two do at his house?" Jerry asked her. Jade groaned and rolls her eyes. "What's with all the questions?" She asked him. Jerry shrugged in response. "We didn't do it, if that's what you want to know," Jade tells her brother. "I didn't say that," Jerry replied. "But you thought it." Jade snapped back at her brother, "And even if I did, I wouldn't tell you about it." Jade added. "I never asked," Jerry tells her. Jade rolls her eyes again, and leaves the kitchen. "Women." Jerry sighed. He turned his attention back to his book.

A few minutes passed by. Jerry managed to read a few pages, before his brothers stormed into the kitchen. "She's on the phone," Jayden tells his brother. The three brothers silently made their way up to her room. They put their ears against the door.  "So, are you still up for tomorrow?" Jade asked him. The three brothers looked at each other. "Who's she talking to?" Jerry asked his brothers. They shrugged in response. "Nothing, my brothers are... well, themselves," Jade tells the person on the phone. "Offensive," Jack said. Jayden and Jerry glared at their brother for raising his voice. "Sorry," Jack whispered. The triplets put their ears up against the door again. "Did you get the other files too?" Jade asked, "You're amazing. Thank you, bub." Jade added. The triplets exchanged looks. "Andrew." They said. "Alright, I'll bring my dad's files as well. See if there are some connections." Jade said. Jayden got up. "Oh, no, you're not." He said. He made his way to his parent's bedroom. His two brothers followed him. "What are you doing?" Jerry asked his brother. Jayden opened the closet, moving some boxes around. "Dad has a safe. It's where he kept the most important files in the cases against him." Jayden answered. His two brothers frowned at him. Jayden found the safe. He entered Jade's birthdate and opened it. He got out every paper he could find. "And why do you know about this, and we don't?" Jerry asked his brother. "Because I'm still the oldest. If something ever happened to him, I would be the one to take care of mom and Jade. These documents contain every little detail about what happened all those years ago." Jayden tells his brothers. "So, you knew about dad? About the murders? Everything?" Jack questioned his brother. Jaden glanced over his shoulder. "No, I didn't. Dad told me, that... 'What lies in this safe, is the truth. Don't open it, unless necessary." Jayden quoted his father. "Then how does she know about it?" Jerry asked. "I don't know," Jayden replied. 

The next morning, Andrew was awoken by a loud pounding on the door, and the doorbell being rang constantly. He groaned and got out of bed. He checked the time as he put on his clothes. "Damn it, Jade." He whispered. His alarm clock said it was 07:15 in the morning. He made his way down the stairs, walking through the living room, and into the hallway. He opened the door, rubbing his eyes. "Bub, I said in the morning. Not this early." He chuckled. Usually, he would hear a giggle or something, but not this time. He looked up to see Jayden standing in front of him. He was wearing his usual leather jacket and black jeans. But, somehow, this was the first time Andrew noticed that Jayden looked exactly like his father. "Hey, dude." Andrew started, "Listen, not to be rude or anything, but what are you doing here?" He asked with a chuckle. Jayden glanced down at his jacket. He pulled out a sealed envelope. "We need you to keep this safe for a while." He tells him. He holds it out for Andrew to take. "What is it?" Andrew asked as he took the envelope from his hands. "These are some of the files my father has kept hidden in a safe all these years. Unfortunately, my sister has gone insane. She managed to get her hands on these things. They have been disappearing and reappearing in that safe for weeks." Jayden explained. "And why do I have to be the one keeping these files from her?" Andrew asked the oldest Salvini brother. "Because we know you've been helping our sister by stealing documents from your family," Jayden tells him. Andrew let out a nervous chuckle. "I have no idea what you're talking about." He replied. "Dude, Megan told us about what happened the other day between you and my uncle. Jade even admitted it herself. Although, she called it an 'investigation'." Jayden said.