⛓Chapter 63: S

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"You'll get better treatment in France. I don't want people spreading gossips saying my daughter is a mad person." Jennie's father said even when he knew it was true.

She still couldn't process everything in her head. She was worried of what her friends would think of her. Will they abandon her and think of her as a crazy lunatic too?

Yoongi suddenly came inside her room. "Yoongi, you stay out of this. We'll take care of this ourselves." Her mother said to him. "You focus on your studies and don't mind this weak and useless being."

"Mom!" Yoongi shouted and immediately stood beside Jennie. "Don't you get it? She's being like this because of you, because of how you treated her! If only you've been good to her and cared for her emotions then this wouldn't have happened. You're too cruel, even after finding out she's like this."

"It's because she's too vulnerable! Incompetent!" Their father shouted. Yoongi would've punched him but Jennie held his hand tight. "You're coming with us to France tomorrow and that's final." Their parents left her room and angrily slammed the door shut.

Jennie broke into tears and hugged her brother. "Hey.. It's alright.. I'm here." He hugged her back and softly caressed her hair. "None of this is your fault. You're innocent and those who hurt you are responsible for this. You'll be fine."

"What would our friends feel about me? They won't accept me, Yoongs. I'll lose all of them." She pulled away and wiped her tears. "Don't let them know. Promise me you'll keep this a secret."

"They're not gonna turn their back on you. Just trust them-"

"But you're not sure. Please.. Just.. Just do me this favor. If I get cured, then things will be back to normal." Yoongi had no choice but to sigh and nod. He understands her worries. It's the least he could do.

That very next day, Jennie and her parents flew by plane to France. Immediately after their arrival, they brought her to a psychiatrist who is said to be an expert in Jennie's mental problem.

"Can I speak to her alone, please?" She asked and Jennie's parents gladly left.

"Tell me I can be treated. I don't want to be like this my whole life. I still have a lot yet to achieve." Jennie immediately said.

"We can't cure DID with a simple capsule neither regular antibiotics, Ms. Min. You need a longer therapy and if you cooperate, you can be treated." Jennie sighed in relief. "Can you tell me when you felt something was wrong?"

"It wasn't that long..maybe months ago. My friends told me I did 'this' when my memory didn't remember that specific activity. I thought it was normal for me to forget stuff but my brother thought otherwise. That's when I told my parents." She answered with her trembling hands and racing heartbeat.

"What do you think caused this to happen? Did you ever have a bad experience or trauma with anything? You can tell me everything so I would know how to give you the proper treatment."

"Well.. My parents aren't as good as they appear when there's a lot of people. They insult everything I do and they never really acknowledged my achievements. They pressure me to be someone they want me to be and it gives me dangerous ideas. They sometimes get physical when I frustrate them too much."

"How about love matters? Is there someone who broke your heart that you think led you to this?"

Jennie gulped. She had dated twelve guys and none of them actually liked her sincerely. She experienced many heartbreaks and cried buckets of tears for them. "M-maybe. I don't have good endings with my exes."

"Do you have friends-"

"Of course!" Before the psychiatrist even finished, Jennie happily answered. "They're the best. They always make me feel happy. I can proudly boast about them for years."

The psychiatrist smiled and nodded. "That's good to hear. I think you're gonna need your friends' support to make you feel better."

Jennie's smile faded. "What? I.. I actually don't have any plans on telling them about my condition. They're all good to me but I can't afford to lose them because of this."

"Then don't tell them if it's too inconvenient for you. I'm only saying you should talk to them regularly. I noticed how your face lit up when I asked you about them. They can help you recover." Jennie calmed her nerves down and nodded.

--

"Jennie?" Jisoo called and went back to Jennie's room. "I need to ask you something." Jennie looked at her with confusion all over her face. "Don't freak out or get mad at me. I'm only curious."

"What is it about?" Jisoo took the brown envelope from the shelf, making Jennie panic. "That one's off limits."

"No, Jen.. I know exactly what these are. You never told us you had DID. That's a serious matter." Jennie looked away. All her nervousness and fear gathered. What am I gonna do? She immediately thought. "Do you still have it?"

"I don't." She answered immediately. "Whatever you're thinking, it's not true. I went to France to get treated and stayed there for years. I was cured and there's no further story to that."

Taehyung heard the both of them and went inside Jennie's room too. "What's going on here?"

Jennie felt more bothered and afraid. "I found Jennie's medical certificates saying she was diagnosed with DID back in 2016. I was only asking her if she still has it."

"And I don't. I got home because my psychiatrist said I was perfectly fine after years of treatment. I'm cured. You don't have to worry about it." She defended.

"But why didn't you tell us? If you had this problem and you were cured, you should've told us about it." She sensed Taehyung's suspicions growing. "Correct me if I'm wrong but this means you have another personality, right?"

"Taehyung-"

"Jen, what if.." She already knew what he was thinking about. He's suspecting me. "Was it you?" There he said it. Jisoo was also wondering the same thing but she didn't want to offend Jennie.

"I.." Her hands were trembling and her mind was blank. Her lips wouldn't even open to tell them that it wasn't her. Fear ate her up at that moment. She wasn't able to control herself and her feet sprinted out of her room and out of their house, leaving Jisoo and Taehyung puzzled and confused.

"Would she leave if she wasn't guilty?" Taehyung asked and faced Jisoo. "Soo.. If it wasn't Lisa, then.."

--
REVELATIONS chapters end here!! Were the secrets revealed too much to handle?😅 I wanted a good twist so there's that😄

I'll give another clue: FROM THE START