⛓Chapter 38: P

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"I'm sorry, but we don't know anyone who looks like that." One of the employees at the post said. Jisoo described what the man looked like and Candy expertly drew his face.

"Is that so?" Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi looked at each other. "Candy was right. He could be a member of Golden Cage." He quietly said. "Thank you."

They left the place and walked to the car. Yoongi who kept looking around to find something suspicious suddenly noticed a guy carrying empty gallons of water. "Give me the sketch for a second and just wait for me inside." He instructed and left the two with the sketch with him.

He approached the man who looked in his sixties. "May I help you sir?" The man asked.

"Good day. May I ask you if you were to pass by this road this morning? We're looking for someone." The guy furrowed his brows. "Can you spare me some time?"

"Sure. Anything to help." Yoongi showed him the sketch. "Is this the person you were looking for?" Yoongi nodded and hoped the guy knew who he was. "Ah.. If my memory is right, he's the one I had a chat with outside the post while I was waiting for the employer's empty gallons inside. He's a pretty nice guy."

Nice? Yoongi thought. "Do you know his name or where he's from? We really need to find him immediately."

"All he said was he was going to get the mail his colleague sent him. He even said his friends will give him a big amount of money just for receiving it. That's all we talked about."

"At least we got something.. Thank you, sir." Yoongi said and went inside Namjoon's car.

"Who was that? What did he say?" Namjoon asked but Yoongi only furrowed his brows and looked at the guy again.

"Follow him."

"Why? Was he suspicious?" Hoseok asked and looked at the guy too. "He only looks hardworking to me."

"Not that I think he's suspicious. I just figured he might be in danger for telling me what he knows. The killer has eyes everywhere. I can't let that poor man get killed just like what happened to our other two witnesses."

The two didn't argue further and just got on with Yoongi's order. The old man, as his job, continued collecting empty gallons of water and after a few minutes went to his truck to leave.

Namjoon still followed him until the main road and nothing felt suspicious. "I'm using Google Maps right now. I think he's heading to Blue Aqua." Hoseok said.

"That's probably where he works at."

Namjoon's phone suddenly rang. He carefully took it with his eyes still on the road. "It's Jisoo." He answered the call and placed it behind his ear. "Soo? What's-"

"We can't reach Jungkook and Taehyung." She worriedly said. "Jen, is he still not answering?! How many times do I have to repeat myself?!" - "Kook's phone is off. I can't track him." They heard Lisa say.

"Just stay there and we'll find them." Namjoon quickly turned his car around. "Just keep calling them. Any places you can think of, Soo?"

"Kim Jennie you tell me right now where they went. Lisa? Didn't Jungkook say anything to you?" - "Jungkook said Tae received a text message but he didn't tell me where they're headed." - "Neon Street." Jennie said almost too quietly. "I heard Tae mention he would stop by at Lighthouse to get his weapon for defense. They could be headed there now. It's only been ten minutes."