⛓Chapter 69: P

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"And I told you to hide but you still went to the police and wasted your time and effort. Tell me which one of us is more ignorant, Kim Taehyung." 

Taehyung immediately stood up after hearing her voice. She took the box of milk from the fridge and walked towards him. Taehyung felt goosebumps  when she passed by, only an inch away from him. 

"Why do you spend your time crying here? You always told me you're not the type of guy who finds relief in crying. Was that a I lie too?" She sat across him. That was when Taehyung clearly saw her face--her face he never thought he would see at that very moment. 

"Jennie." He called and immediately came to hug her. "Tell me I'm not imagining this. Tell me you're actually here and I'm not hallucinating." He hugged her tighter and cried on her shoulder. Jennie was frozen. She didn't know how she would react to what he's doing. Should she be happy? Should she feel relieved? Or should she keep her guard up and think it's only temporary? "I thought I lost you." He quietly said while softly caressing her hair.

Jennie felt the need to pull away and she slowly pushed him without making it obvious that she didn't like what was happening. "Let's cut the drama right here. I assume you know why I'm here?"

Taehyung furrowed his brows. He's glad she's really there and it felt so surreal but he had no idea how it happened and why she's there. "I-I don't know..." He stuttered but he had his eyes and all his attention focused on her. Jennie felt uncomfortable and looked away. 

"Then I'll tell you." She sat down and told him to do the same. Taehyung didn't hesitate to pull out the chair beside her and sat with a smile. Jennie judgingly looked at him with her brows  furrowed. He's at it again. Trying to get her to think that he has good intentions--which is probably another bad trap and Jennie doesn't want the same thing to happen again. "There's only one reason why I'm here and that's just it. Don't think  of anything out of the topic."

But that was too impossible for Taehyung to do. There he had that feeling that they're finally okay because she came to him. He can't help but think they can still restore their relationship.

"I bet you're wondering how I'm not in Ashley's hands. You thought I was, didn't you? Truth be told, I ran away." Taehyung's smile faded and seriously looked at her. He did think Ashley's men took her that night during the blackout.

"Why did you do that? You don't know how  worried I was when I found your room empty. I thought all I did was completely useless because  they still took you in the end." Taehyung said.

"I knew they were gonna take me when it happened so I immediately left before they could. I was already awake when you came to visit me that night so I was aware of what was happening around me. To be honest, the foreign drug Ashley wanted to inject me would've killed me before we could arrive at the hospital that day. She was only bluffing about the minutes. She didn't really know about it and only wanted to scare you. She doesn't know this but I was able  to switch the bottles and made her inject me Propofol instead. Good thing I read about it in one of my medical books. It only made me feel weak on the way to the hospital." 

"Does that mean it didn't really have that much effect on you? Why were you acting like you were dying? I really thought I won't  be able to save you." Taehyung wanted to ask.

Because I wanted to know if you have at least a bit of care left for me. "The medicine's side effects of course. It makes me think of things." Taehyung believed her and nodded. Boy doesn't have a single idea about medicine so she took advantage of that. "I took the whole week to think of a way to save everyone and capture Ashley. I didn't know where else to stay and all I could think of  was your summerhouse. It's the safest place at the moment and Jisoo thought of that too. Turns out, she stayed there when we thought she went missing. I saw some of her notes there and empty instant cup noodles only Jisoo has the courage to eat despite Jin's warnings." Jennie also opened her bag and took out Jin's journal, Namjoon's journal, her last medical certificate and the invitation to Jimin's engagement. "I  returned to the house two days ago and found these in our rooms. It only  means Jisoo wanted us to figure this out so I'm doing this because of that request."