⛓Chapter 5:

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

"You mean you're..an orphan?" Jisoo asked. "Since when? And how did you come this far? You're so famous." Ashley quietly laughed.

"I was abandoned when I was seven. The orphanage where I grew up was owned by my biological mom's sister. My parents.. They divorced and decided to meet new people until they have forgotten they had a daughter. My aunt took me in but she wasn't really the kindest aunt ever."

"What did she do?" Chaeyoung, who just brought a drink with her asked and sat beside Jisoo. "Was she mean to you?"

"Yeah. Even my playmates were as mean as her. I thought if I worked hard and build myself a good reputation, people would accept me. But no one really did like me..maybe except for some of you."

Lisa coughed and stood up. "I'm not interested in this conversation." She went to the kitchen and helped Jin wash the dishes since Jisoo forced him to, saying he's the restaurant owner.

"She's like that at first. She'll like you too." Chaeyoung assured. "What's the name of the orphanage? I think I visited a few ones with Hoseok last time."

"It's actually in Neon Street too but I had no information about it after I left. They said it was taken down a year ago by the officials." There was dead air for a couple of seconds but Ashley quickly spoke. "Enough about me. I want to know you guys more."

"Oh.. Us?" Hoseok, Chaeyoung, Namjoon and Jisoo, the ones who seemed to be the only ones interested about her, looked at each other.

"We have nothing to share about ourselves. But if you insist.." Namjoon said and Taehyung and Jennie who were minding their own business, caught his attention. "You see those two in all black clothes?"

"Taehyung and Jennie? They're the ones I couldn't really approach. What's about them?"

"Jennie is the baddest bitch among the four of us." Jisoo said. "And my brother Taehyung is the rudest of all the boys in our circle. They're inseparable. Nothing breaks their relationship, ever. They know each other the best."

"And hear this, Jennie is very picky when it comes to the guys who could touch her but most of us think that if Taehyung asks her to do the dirty, she'll be like, 'It's free real estate'." Namjoon said and laughed with Hoseok.

It only took a millisecond before the two noticed it was them they were talking about. Jennie quietly took off her sling bag and threw it at him. "Nonesense!"

"Why does everyone love to throw things at me?! And am I wrong Jennie Kim?" Taehyung also took the paper placemat and crumpled it. "Tae, don't you dare-" Before Namjoon finished, the guy already threw the crumpled paper at him. "See how rude they are?"

"It's because you're uttering things you don't know." Jennie said. "Me?" She pointed herself. "Hook up with him?" She pointed Taehyung. "Are you on lemonade, Joon? Or you're just going cuckoo."

He rolled his eyes and faced the others again. "They're acting innocent. Don't be fooled."

"Chae, let's go." Jimin said. Chaeyoung looked up to see him and tried to control her fast heartbeat. "Just a little stroll." He looked at Hoseok to ask for his permission. "I'll take her for a while."