⛓Chapter 24: I

N E O N S T R E E T
WHO ARE YOU

Jennie was silently sleeping when a pair of arms wrapped around her. She quickly opened her eyes after feeling it and turned to her right. "Tae.." She breathlessly said, feeling happiness fill her up.

Taehyung softly chuckled and smiled. "Good morning. I came as soon as Jisoo and Namjoon told me you were worried last night."

She wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tight. "Don't do it again. If it weren't for Yoongi, I would've ran after you. Jisoo told us that you could be the one who got involved in that accident. I was worried." She pulled away and looked at him. A bruise on the corner of his lips caught her attention. "Tae? What's this?" She was about to touch it but Taehyung quickly caught her hand.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it." He did tell her not to mind it but Jennie can't help but think of things. Could he really be the one involved in the accident? Why would he have that, then? Or was it.. A fight? "I know what you're thinking. It's really nothing important, Jen."

"Tsk. Whatever. I can't force you to tell me anyway. Go on. Keep it to yourself. It's not like I'm THAT interested." She sarcastically said while glaring at him.

"It's best if you don't know." He brought his hand to her cheek and began to kiss her lips. Jennie was surprised by his gesture but still kissed him back. Until she realized something. Shit, morning breath. She immediately pulled away and stood up. "Wh-what..?" Taehyung looked at her, confused of what she did.

"Let me wash up first." She ran to the bathroom and immediately locked the door.

Taehyung let out a small laugh and sat down. "She doesn't have to." He looked around her room and a picture frame caught his eye. He stood up and took it from her table. "Was this taken seven years ago? We're still in our uniforms."

It was a picture of him and Jennie while sitting on their school's field. It looked a bit blury but he can still see how happy the both of them were.

"Hey!" He shouted but the girl in front of him seemed to be daydreaming. "Hey! Group project happening here." He kept snapping his fingers in front of her but she's still spacing out. "What on earth is she thinking about?"

Taehyung looked at where she was looking. It was Shin Aidan, one of their classmates. He looked back at her and he immediately knew what was going on.

"Why don't you just ask him out?" Jennie quickly woke up from her delusions and looked at him. "You were eyeing Aidan."

"Mind your own business, jerk." She fixed herself and opened her Science book. "What was our topic again?" She asked the girl beside her and continued doing their project.

After the class ended, Taehyung went to where Aidan was. He leaned against the wall and waited for his friend to finish fixing his stuff. "Dude, you know the girl who was from class B last year?"

"The one who moved up? Why?" Taehyung smiled to himself and crossed his arms.

"I think she likes you." He said, making Aidan scrunch his brows. "She had her eyes on you during Science. How about you ask her out?"

Aidan shrugged his shoulders. "Alright. I'll try."

And the day after that, Taehyung just found out that the two already started dating. "She surrendered to him just like that? That fast?" He said, looking at the two who are walking side by side. "Tss.. She should thank me."

Then one day at the convenient store, Taehyung saw Aidan with another girl in one isle. He thought they were only friends at first but he thought wrong. He saw the guy kiss the girl's cheek and hold her hand. "Does class B know about this?" He hoped she didn't. He knew she'd be too heartbroken to see what he saw. "How unfortunate."