•𝟐𝟑

|Grant's POV|:

I can't believe my madre (mother). I tried to tell her time and time again that Georgina isn't the person when we dated the first time. She's way more caring and kind, but my mom doesn't believe me. I'm sure it's just because she wants the best for me. The only problem with that is she thinks that Saria is the best for me.

I mean when I saw her walk with Mrs. Bianchi to the  table I dropped my jaw but I quickly fixed my face since Georgina smack my arm and glared at me. I mean how could she not expect me to drop my jaw, Saria is absolutely stunning and the way the dress fits her body and goes with her mocha skin tone perfectly. Her beautiful dark brown orbs and the smile on her pouty lips. The things I would do- is it hot in here or is it just me.

That's all beside the point, I'm really trying to make this relationship work. Not for me but for the boys. All they've had was me. Of course they had their grandparents and aunts, and yes I tried my best to be the best father I could be. But I can never give them the motherly love a mother can give them. They may not like her that much but I'm sure if they give her a chance they will love her like I love her.

Anyways, I ran after Georgina after my mom called her a hoe. When I found her she was crying on one of the benches outside the venue, I felt really bad. I sat and pulled her into a hug, she sobbed on my chest. I tried my best to comfort her.

"Grant, why does your mother hate me, I- I try my best to get her to like me but it's like every time I try she hates me more"
"Georgina it's because of how you were in our past relationship. As much as I can see you changed, my mother doesn't see that. Just give her time"
"THATS WHAT YOU ALWAYS SAY!" She said yelling at me, but lowered her voice once she saw the stares we got

"Your kids don't even like me, whenever I try and talk to Jabez he says you or Miss Denise is calling him. Don't even get me started on how Jaylen and Jaheim just ignore me whenever I try and talk to them. You see earlier they said hi to everyone even fucking Saria, but not me" she was now crying even more

"I'm sure they're just not use to you-"
"IT'S BEEN 7 FUCKING YEARS, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET USE TO SOMEONE" she was now standing up and yelling at me again
"Georgina calm down please"
"I AM FUCKING CALM"
"No you're not, you're bringing attention to us"
She glared at me
"YOU KNOW WHAT, I'M FUCKING DONE"
"Done with what?"
She was quiet for a moment
"This relationship"

My face became pale, no no no. This can't be happening.
"Grant I do love you, but I can't deal with in-laws that hate me. I want to marry you but I can't be in a marriage where I feel uncomfortable around my step- children" she gave me her engagement ring back
"I'm so sorry" she said with tears falling down her face and walked back in the venue.

H- how can this be happening to me again. This is the 3rd time that I fell in love with a woman and she left me. Adalia left me on this earth alone, Angela left me for my step brother, and now Georgina was leaving me because of my family.

I'm 38 and still searching for love and every time I think I've found it; it leaves. I'm starting to think it's never going to come.

A tear slips away and then they just kept coming. I put my face in my palms. I'm not one to cry but this hurt. I know I think of Saria at times that I shouldn't but I don't love her. I loved Georgina.

"Grant?"
I heard a faint voice call my name. My face is probably so red right now. I looked up at the voice from my palms to see Saria standing there. Why does she have to see me like this.