#49

Evie Pov
I tapped my nails on the center counsel as Corbyn sped down the road with the other's following behind us.

Gabbie put Arias into a sleeping state and she is now in the back of Jonah's car that the other boys sat in.

"Stay calm Evie" Corbyn cooed, but at the same time he was telling himself the same thing.

Corbyn sped up a bit as the loud engine raved.

My dirt driveway showed up in the short distance and Corbyn harshly turned into it as the rocks crunched under the wheels.

He stopped the car and i jumped out with Corbyn coming up behind me as i ran up to my house.

But i skidded to a stop at the sight of the door.

It was open.

The half open door shook me to the core, not being able to move my body another inch.

The door never gets left open.

'Shut the door, you know how i dont like it left open' dads voice rang in my head.

'Close the door Allen.'

'Woah woah, hey sweetie, can you shut the door from now on please.'

"Why did you stop?" Corbyn asked.

"The doors open..." i whispered.

"Something happened here, i can sense it" Jonah's voice sounded, only increasing my fear.

"Yeah me too" Corbyn muttered.

I cautiously stepped up to the door and pushed it open all the way, the lights inside were off.

I took a few steps inside and flicked the light on.

Nothing seemed out of place untill i looked down next to the fridge to see a glass shattered on the floor.

I walked through the kitchen to the living room as everyone followed silently behind me.

I turned back as Zach examined the fridge and put his hand on it, closing his eyes.

"There was some sort of struggle here" he murmured.

I flicked on the living room light and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

"Dad?" I called "Allen?"

I ran down the hallway looking into each of their rooms and bathrooms.

"ALLEN! DAD!" I shouted.

I continued to search as the boys and girls watched with saddened faces as i felt my heart plummeting into a dark abbis.

"Dad!" I pleaded out "Allen!"

"Evie..." Corbyn gently stopped me and held my shoulders.

His face was holding back his own sadness for me, trying to be strong.

"There gone..." he brushed a strand of hair out of my face as tears welled up in my eyes.

"No, no they-they cant be g-gone" i shook my head and tried to pull away from him but he stopped me.

"Evie, there gone" Corbyn softly said, as if any louder i would break.

"Guy's" Daniel called and held a peice of paper in his hands.

"Whats that" i asked, doing my best to hold back the sob that desperately wanted to be released.

"I found it on the other side on the door, i think you should read it" Daniel handed the paper to me and i examined it.