#55

Corbyn Pov
I paced the kitchen, my head full of thoughts i cant keep track of.

The sky was dark, it was almost midnight and i felt the constant pressure around my wrists tighten like she was yanking on her restraints.

Jonah, Zach, Daniel and Tate all sat at the table trying to figure out which one of four last locations Evie is at and Gabbie and Jack are still out by the pool.

Suddenly Gabbie came bursting in, dragging along a very confused Jack.

"GUYS!" She yelled "give me that!" She grabbed the map off of the table and layed it down on the ground, sitting down infront of it.

"What are you doing? Did you perfect the spell?" I quickly nelt down next to her.

She closed her eyes, holding up her wand and the room fell silent, the lights diming to a soft glow.

The map then began to glow, and i took a warry step back.

The glow dimmed around the edges, moving inward as Gabbie whispered incomprehensible words.

The glow slowly trained in on two circled locations and we all got closer to the map.

The glow then got smaller before stopping on one location, thats it, thats where she is.

Jonah quickly crossed out the other locations and put an extra circle around the glowing one.

Gabbie smiled as her eyes opened, letting out a breathy laugh before her eyes rolled back into her head and she collapsed.

The lights came back on fully and Jack was slightly panicked over Gabbie.

"That spell was a lot for her" he held her close.

"Alright, Tate, go grab your best weapon" Jonah began to call out orders and Tate nodded, running down the hallway.

"Boys, put on something sensable for whats about to go down and Jack, figure out a way to get Gabbie awake again" Jonah finished before smiling at me.

"We found her Corbyn, lets do this" i nodded and ran off to my room as Jonah instructed us.

~a bit later~
We all stood around the table once more, everyone ready to go.

"What are those?" Zach asked Tate as she swung two knife's around her fingers, one on each hand.

The knife's had a small hole to fit her finger in on the end of them.

"Chinese ring daggers" Tate said, Zach taking a surprised face "Jonah said to get my best weapon, this is it."

"Okay, now when we go in there, were not just fighting for our lives, its for Evie and dont be afraid to kill someone, they are trying to kill you, it doesn't change the color of your eyes when its self defense" Jonah began and looked at me.

"Corbyn, dont be afraid to kill someone" he said and i nodded reluctantly, taking a deep breath.

"I have something you all might need" Gabbie grabbed a bag and rummaged through it.

"I collected Pieray tree sap, along with the bark. The sap can be ingested and Gifted cant use their powers on them, so i made a counter product, this dust can be blown on anyone whom ingested it and basically removes the sap effects" Gabbie said and handed all of us small baggies.

We all were silent, gazing around at each other, some how not able to believe that we are about to invade the council building and save Evie.

"Lets do this" a smirk tugged on my lips at my words and we all ran to the door.